new to board

fat_stan

hey everybody,

my prof handed me a page from the toronto star with your club's classified ad. it states in the ad that you have regular meets for 1983-1997 mn12 enthusiasts. i tried calling Ed and Les, but i couldn't get a hold of them. could you guys possibily fill me in on what's happening, how big the t-bird/cougar community is, etc. i usually spend all my time on the net on the tccoa.com, but unfortunately they don't have a ontario chapter.

any info would be appreciated.

regards,

stan

Hello Stan

Welcome aboard ... we have a few 4.6 LX'ers in our club already, probably for the reason you mentioned. :)

On average in the summertime we will get 15 - 20 cars out to a club meet. This past year has seen a big growth in the numbers and enthusiasm for the Birds and Cougars in Ontario. This time of the year, we don't have as much going on, but we will be continuing to hold bi-weekly club meets, alternating between the east and west end of Toronto. Send me an e-mail at fastedn@netcom.ca , I can add you to the Upcoming Events mailing list. You can also keep an eye out here , the upcoming stuff is posted on a regular basis on the local SCCoO site. We will be making more trips out to the dragstrip next year, a big road trip down to the All-Ford Nationals at the beginning of June in Carlisle, PA ... and attending local shows as a group too.

So come on out to a meet if you can, we don't tease the 4.6 owners too much. :p

cheers
Ed Nicholson

Hi Stan,

I'm a newbie too, all's I can say is the club consists of a great
group of folks always willing to share their experiences and
knowledge. I started going to the meets in early October
and am now attending them regularly.

Stan,

Welcome to this forum! Being the owner of a 4.6L car might earn you the odd slight, but generally we're a friendly bunch, and even when the 4.6L jokes do start, please keep in mind they're just that... jokes.

When we get together, it really doesn't matter what you drive to the meet. We even let Ed drive his company truck most of the time! ;)

Cheers,

Sean

Fellow 4.6er

Hey
I am a Newbie here as well. Own a 4.6. I have had nothing but fun since I got here, and they are a great bunch.
Welcome to the Club.

thanks

thank you all for the warm welcome. i look forward to the jokes and knowledge i will get from you guys.

thanks again,

stan

Jokes, no jokes. Newbies, just can't rid of them, jinda like that slow honda, always in your rear view no matter what you do.

But really guys glad to see come here, and don't be affarid to ask anything, we have some really good guys who have a TON of there own work.

Welcome Stan!

Tons of jokes around here for sure, usually within several small categories....low octane fuel...speed limiters...displacement vs. forced induction.....you get the point.

A great group of guys on this board, and lots of post activity. I would suggest you visit often if possible, and join us on our trip to Carlisle in the spring as Ed mentioned.

Again, welcome to the club.

I just noticed that too Paul.

Ed....are you submitting classified ads for the club?

I never thought you'd use your Presidency to meet women! :confused:

Ed....are you submitting classified ads for the club?

I never thought you'd use your Presidency to meet women!

lol, if your referring to me as a woman then your in for a shock. you never know though, we might hit it off.
hehe

I had our name added to the Club listings of the "Autodate" in the Toronto Star Saturday edition "Wheels" Automotive section. That where Stan got our club info.

cheers
Ed N.

Last edited:
Ironically enough, in 2003, the top three quickest cars in the SCCoO will be V8s.
Project X
Project: Why?
Project Z
Not necessarily in that order.

Mike,

Upon what information are you basing this statement???

First, I've never seen you take your car down the 1/4 mile track. Second, unless Andrew steps up his projects, I don't see him getting into the 13's anytime soon. Certainly, I've not seen any other V8 T-birds around the club that will be topping the SCCoO's fastest list in the near future either.

Are you talking about Mr. Ing's current project? If Wayne gets that car together, and has some nasty forced induction setup, then maybe that car will jump to the top of the list.

...I'm curious. Do you know something the rest of us don't??? ;)

Cheers,

Sean

ProjectX said:
Ironically enough, in 2003, the top three quickest cars in the SCCoO will be V8s.
Project X

So what's going on Mike, are you going to spring for that Allen kit so that you can have a nice M90 Eaton blower on your car like the rest of us ?? Hmm, more displacement and more cylinders, with the blower added, to run similar times. ;)

cheers
Ed N.

Upon what information are you basing this statement???

Confidential communications and information that is still classified.

First, I've never seen you take your car down the 1/4 mile track.

Wayne, JohnZ, show him the videos. There's a scan of my timeslip somewhere too.

Second, unless Andrew steps up his projects, I don't see him getting into the 13's anytime soon.

I do. He has the knowledge and the plan.

Certainly, I've not seen any other V8 T-birds around the club that will be topping the SCCoO's fastest list in the near future either.

I'm disappointed that John Perez isn't active anymore, or he WOULD have the quickest MN12 in Canada most likely, and it's a V8.

Are you talking about Mr. Ing's current project?

Including him, yes.

If Wayne gets that car together, and has some nasty forced induction setup, then maybe that car will jump to the top of the list.

I'd be surprised if it didn't.

...I'm curious. Do you know something the rest of us don't???

Of course.

So what's going on Mike, are you going to spring for that Allen kit so that you can have a nice M90 Eaton blower on your car like the rest of us ??

That's a strong possibility.

Hmm, more displacement and more cylinders, with the blower added, to run similar times.

To run faster times. Reliably.

"To run faster times. Reliably."

...Yeah right! Have you not heard all the horror stories about the modular V8's in a forced induction application??? ...Especially the anemic, two-valve motors!!!

Although, I guess when you've got a Grand Monkey to drive around most of the time, it won't matter that your T-Bird is sitting there with a rod through the side of the block!!!

I'm not saying the blown 4.6L birds can't be fast, just that I don't see them being any more reliable than our 3.8L SuperCoupes and XR7's, and it costs you a heck of a lot more money to get there.

Regards,

Sean

A Thunderbird is a Thunderbird is a Thunderbird in my books I own a LX with a 3.8 in it and I love it.:p

I can certainly see Wayne rolling out with some badass V8 car - and the potential of the 4.6L grows all the time, BUT it hasn't happened yet...
Ironically enough, in 2003, the top three quickest cars in the SCCoO will be V8s
Geeze Mike, you're turning into Jim Demmit of the north! I think you need a new sig... how about;

"The King" Quickest and fastest MN-12 in Ontario?

:rolleyes:

Back