Rear bushings

007_SuperCoupe

Okay, I recently purchased the front and rear polyurethane bushing kit from supercoupeperformance.com. However, I have a question regarding the rear bushings. It is the rear knuckle set which includes only the 'outer' bushings, right? The upper, inner bushing is the most worn on my car though. If I am going to do poly bushings, I want to go all the way around. As I see it, I am only getting 1/2 the bushings in this kit. (I count six per side and the kit only includes three per side) Is there anywhere out there who has poly bushings for the inner? If I had a digital camera, I'd post the pictures, but unfortunately I spent my $$ on a regular old camera. If anyone can understand my jibberish, please help me out. I don't know too much about suspension (yet) and need all the help I can get. If I need to be more detailed, someone let me know and I'll get the book out so I use the right terms. Thanks for your help!

The poly kits from SuperCoupe Performance, MN12 Performance and others are essentially the same thing. They are advertised as a rear spindle kit and only include the top and bottom two bushings for the actual aluminum knuckle.

The upper inner bushing does the rear camber adjustment and like was stated is only available in rubber from Ford or also Moog, I believe.

Does anyone know if they are the same bushings as used on the newer cobras? There's a lot out there for mustangs, and I know the newer cobras went to a similar rear IDS setup. Is it close enough? Anyone who has info, thanks. And thanks to those who have replied so far. I just don't want to give up that easily. :D

I am positive the Factory Five rear spindles in the link of the previous post are from the SC. The Cobra rear spindles are different. Both pumpkins do share the same bushing to hold the front of the diff, but I believe all other Cobra IRS components are different. (The hubs will fit our cars, but they do have a different bolt pattern.)

George, would you happen to have a part # on the rear upper inner bushings that attach to the frame, the ones you use to set rear camber with. Thanks Nick

Nick, I only have an unverified Moog part numbers for those bushings:

MOOG K8562 [Upper Control Arm Bushing Kit] Rear Suspension; Arm To Frame; 2 Required *

Maybe Ed can get us a Ford number.

Yup, the MOOG catalogue I have shows the K8562 as upper rear, arm to frame. This piece from Ford is p/n F2SZ-5A638-A ... up here in the G.W.N., the Ford bushing is cheaper than the MOOG part, so check your Ford suppliers on that. I confirmed with another dealer who had one on the shelf that the Ford part has an offset, eccentric hole.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

gldiii said:
I am positive the Factory Five rear spindles in the link of the previous post are from the SC. The Cobra rear spindles are different. Both pumpkins do share the same bushing to hold the front of the diff, but I believe all other Cobra IRS components are different. (The hubs will fit our cars, but they do have a different bolt pattern.)

The following are the only components that are similar between the MN12 and 1999 SN-95 IRS.

Differential pumpkin
Forward diff bushings
Wheel bearings
Hubs (different bolt pattern)

No other components will interchange.

Back