Just bought set of 35th front seats( new in box)

thunderstruck

I thought Id post my good fortune so all of you could enjoy it with me. I just bought a set of brand new 35th anniversary front seats, still in the box, at a swap meet in California a few days ago. The guy bought them years ago for a custom car he was building because he liked the color scheme, but then he never ended up doing the car, and he just now got around to selling the seats. He paid $800 for themfrom Ford. Im afraid to tell you what I paid for them, so I'll refrain. :p I havent decided whether or not to put them in my 35th or not. Im torn. I mean these babies are PERFECT , still in the box. I'm almost afraid to even sit on them. Im tempted to entertain offers if anyone cares to make one, or Ill entertain offers on my old 35th seats. They are in great shape except for the drivers seat left bolster leather, and a hole the size of a pencil eraser in the suede on the drivers seat. All Im thinking when I got them was that these are the last and probably only pair of brand new 35th seats in the world! Im just glad I got to them before anyone else did. ;)

I think I'm "thunderstruck". :) That is really excellent you found them like that. My back seats are good and I am thinking that if I found the material needed and redid my front seats that I would pull them out and cover them in plastic. :) If you have that upholstery completely intact and from what I have seen so far, I would have to tell you in my opinion, to redo the seats, pack em away and put some SC seats in it with grey cloth inserts and save the good ones. Unless you want to show the car. This suede material is such a hard thing to find for me so far that original seat upholstery is just too good to use for driving. That's just my own opinion of what I would do. Whatever you do though, congratulations on your acquisition. I'd love to have found such a set.

Have a great weekend.

I'd put them in a glass case and only take it out for "special" guests. Can you take any pics of them? I've never actually seen a pair of 35th seats in good shape.

here is a pic of the seats. Im building some nice lined wooden crates to store them in.

Attachments

• seats.jpg
    seats.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 437
I just want to tell you that I am so glad you are going to preserve these puppies. I have been looking for that suede material for a long time now. It seems that the articulated look is not very prevalent in recent times thus it is hard to find already perforated suede material. I have found plenty of the material, just not articulated. "They" want too much to have them made up and I and others refuse to pay this kind of money. In the years to come, I plan on a small humble museum about the 35th's and I may just be asking you about those seats later on. :) Take care of them for sure.

Happy Holidays to all.

Cool Man

Hey Man,
I think you should just put them bad boyz in your car and enjoy them. You only live once who knows what may happen to those beauties while they sit in your garage.
Laterz,
D Rainer

Lance, what do you meanby articulated? Do they need articulated? One of my friend's mom works at an reupholstering company. I have asked her in the past about getting my seats done in my old 35th. About a month after that though, the car was totalled in an car accident. I as of recently baught a new 35th and the seat need done in it too. I will ask her about having the seats done again and if they have the material. If so I will get back with you.

quick35th,

that would be excellent. Articulated is the process of having those small holes punched into the material. I have a friend right here in my neighborhood who is willing to redo these 35th seats for people IF we could just find the suede articulated material at a decent cost to him. His work is very good and handmade assembly is his preference. He did the leather seats in my 84 SVO a few years back and they were better than factory. If you think you can procure a source for that suede articulated material, please let me know at webmaster@35ththunderbirdregistry.org . Thanks.

Happy Holidays everyone.

35th inserts.... from Ford???

Lance and the rest of us 35th guys... Go look at the front seats in a 03 cobra... The inserts look very close to me,short the holes... I have been thinking of checking on this stuff from Ford but have not had the time. Now if Lance can get the holes put in maybe we have a fix for these cars.... Food for thinking and worth looking into....Rich

Back