Time to change plugs

SCYALTR

Hello Boyz,
Time to change my spark plugs.
Which plugs should I stay away from?
Which do you use?
Thanks,
D Rainer

motorcraft/autolite double platinum, i have also had good luck with bosch. i think it's just a matter of opinion really.
joe

Motorcraft or AutoLite Double Platinum ONLY!!!!!!! (unless you like changing plugs every three months) Until now, I've never heard of anyone having a good experience with Bosch plugs in an SC. (the electrodes burned off within 3-weeks when I tried a set)

I had a set of Bosch platinums couple of years back. They seemed to run OK, but I didn't flog it all that much so don't know how durable they really were. Problem is that they have this tiny electrode tip, which is about 1/4 the diameter of the same tip on the Autolite plug, which burns off faster than the Autolite plug especially under boost.

Stay with the autolite or motorcraft double plats and you should be OK.

Hey David - For a long time I used only Motorcraft/Autolite plugs, but now I've switched to NGK Iridiums. The part number is TR55-1IX for a stock replacement, or TR55-IX for a non-extended tip. I'd recommend the non-extended tip, because it runs a bit cooler, and is less prone to pre-ignition. On N/A cars, it's good to get the plug extended into the chamber, but this is not usually true with forced induction. NAPA had the best prices on these that I could find, around $8 per plug.

David

Just like Rob, I always used Motocraft or Autolite dbl plats until trying the NGK Iridiums. Pricey but worth it IMO.

David

I have had good experience with the Bosch Platinums #4212. I bought my SC and it had new plugs and wires on it. They didn't tell me what kind of plugs it was just "new platinum plugs and spark plug wires". I took it to the track, street raced it alot, and drove it to St. Louis, Carlisle, Columbus, Milan, etc.. All over. I put 22,000 miles on my SC most of which were highway but I'd say 15% were racing. Never ever EVER once hesitated or surged on me. So I can't say they are the best plug I've seen, but for $1.99 they aren't bad.

When taking my heads off to go to the machine shop I almost **** a brick when I pulled out 6 Bosch Platinums. They weren't even burnt up or white or anything but I trashed them and the wires. No sense in using old ignition stuff when rebuilding an engine. Other than the coil pack and DIS which are expensive and aren't bad.

That blue SC looks really nice! I have been thinking about taking the bird off my hood on my black SC. When I bought the car it didn't have the bird, but then I hit a deer and got a new hood.

Do you have any more pics of your SC? Are those 18" Enkei RS-5 wheels?

Hey thanks

Hey Boyz,
Thanks for the info. After a little thought I am sure I am going to go with the NGK plugs.
Thanks again,
D Rainer

P.S. Scott Long.Thanks I tend to like the car once in a while lol
The wheels are the RS5's 18's
Here are a couple more pictures.
NRCLSC.bmp

Back