Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Factory alarm questions (adding new alarm)

Factory alarm questions (adding new alarm)

I am about to install my alpine 8040 alarm in my 89 SC with factory keyless. My question is where do I tap in to arm and dis arm the factory alarm. Also where is the best place to tap into the door locks. Where is the factory alarm brain located? Any and all info would be appreciated, the SC is a little more complicated then my other vehicles.

Thanks alot

t

The alarm is in the very back of the car on the left hand side of the trunk in a black plastic shroud. You can tap all wires there. I can look at mine and tell you all the wires if no one else can. Email me.

mdkracing@alltel.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the alarm and stereo? I think this car has more electrical then 99% of cars made in 89.

Thanks

you may want to disconnect the factory alarm all together as you may have problems with them interfiering with each other.
    good luck
    joe

I want to leave the factory alarm in place, what I am going to do is hook the aftermarket alarm up with the fctory one so that when I type in my keyless entry code it will disable both alarms. (incase I misplace my remote or the remote battery dies) I just need to know the wire info for it.

looks like xr7 dave has that info, drop him an e-mail.
    i know it would be nice to still use the # pad on the door but you may have problems with one alarm triggering the other because of different voltage drops. like if you have say, a two stage motion or shock sensor,if the first stage is triggerd and gives a warning chirp this may trigger the factory alarm as it is triggerd by voltage dop from the dome light when the door is opened.see what i'm sayin? there may be a way to keep the key pad functional becuase not all that have keyless have alarms too.
    joe

this can be done.. IF the alpine has a arm/disarm input/output... chances are if it's compatible with Factory alarms it'll have the output part...

Give me abit..

Does anyone know where I can find the info on factory alarm wiring?

I do, but I have to log back in to get it, if I dont get it soon enough keep sending me harassing PMs or e-mails till I do, or I'll probably forget, unless someone has them handy

you can e-mail me at superchargedsc@hotmail.com

Thanks alot

this may work 91 up who knows
    Ford Thunderbird Security Information
    Constant 12V+ Black/Orange Ignition Switch Harness
    Starter Red/Light Blue Ignition Switch Harness
    Ignition Red/Green Ignition Switch Harness
    Accessory Gray/Yellow Ignition Switch Harness
    Tach Dark Green/Yellow Or Tan/Yellow at Coil
    Neutral Safety Wire Not Grounding OEM Switch opens Starter Circuit
    Brake Switch Green Brake Switch
    Trunk Release Purple/Yellow (+) Switch
    Trunk Pin Brown/White (-) Light in Trunk
    Parking Lights Brown (+) Light Switch
    Head Lamp Red/Yellow (+) Light Switch
    Hood Pin n/a
    Factory Disarm Dark Green/Purple (-) Driver's Kick Panel
    Door Trigger Black/Light Blue (+) Courtesy Light under Dash
    Door Lock Pink/Yellow Driver's Kick Panel Reverse Polarity
    Door Unlock Pink/Light Green W/Keyless Negative Trigger
    Horn Wire Yellow/Light Green (-) Steering Column
    Windows Up LF=Yellow, RF=White/Black or White/Yellow,
    Windows Down LF=White/Black, RF=White/Black

if anyone blows up their car using this wiring information too bad . This has been used on a few SCs before so I know they work

If you dont know what a kick-panel or whatever is just ask for location of wires etc

does anyone have the wiring info at the factory alarm itself?

I do but it spans over several pages and scanning that would be impossible(the factory schematics). Maybe someone has a compact version

Factory Disarm Dark Green/Purple (-) Driver's Kick Panel

~~~ clown has the correct wiring for the SC, although there are some thunderbirds that have Neg pulse for the door locks. I haven't seen one in like 10 years with - pulse locks, it might have been aftermarket door locks. Wire Magic also lists - pulse for some with keyless entry.

The kick panel is the panel where your foot is (hence the term kick panel). Your door locks and the arm/disarm wires are there. If you hook them up correctly you won't have any problems setting off the factory alarm.

If adding remote start it is easier to pickup the tach wire at the rear of the instrument cluster. (less wires you run into the engine compartment the better)

Jeff