My new Christmas Poem! Enjoy!

forcfed93

'Twas the night before Christmas and out in the garage,
There wasn't a trace of a Chevy, or Dodge.

The presents were wrapped and under the tree,
except that is, for the ones marked "for me".
Deciding to put a few onto my ride,
I grabbed my new mods and I slipped right outside.

In the shop I'd just gone and lifted the hood,
When a voice back behind me said "Hey ... that looks pretty good!"
As you can imagine, I turned around quick,
And there by my workbench, stood good 'ol Saint Nick!

We stood talking a while before I heard him say,
"I don't 'spose you'd trade me your bird for my sleigh?"
I said "NO WAY Santa" then I smiled and grinned,
"But if you've got a few minutes we could go out for a spin!"

As the reindeer stood watching, I fired it up,
I drove a few blocks and then I lit 'em up!
The torque and performance took Nick by surprise,
You could tell that he liked it, by that gleam in his eyes.

With tires a-spinnin' and tail-pipes aglow,
We headed on out where all drag racers go.
Santa's grin widened when we rolled thru the gates,
he said, "what's it run? ... I'll bet it's low 12.28's!"

"Make a pass with it Santa," ... "run it up through the gears",
"It the most fun you'll have in the next 20 years."
As his ran through the traps and shifted to drive,
I heard, "This is totally cool", and "I've never felt so alive!"

He came back to the pits, and gave me the keys,
as he walked past the headlights he shook at the knees!
As we drove back to town, Santa said once or twice,
"What a sweet car", "bet it really eats rice!"

Gettin' back home Santa knew he was late,
so he just said, "Merry Christmas ... The ride, was just great!"
"Take good care of that bird from it's head to it's tail,
and give me a call ...... if it's ever for sale!!!"

:D Sweet ! Very nicely put, was very fun to read and to follow it.

Thought about making this poerty thing your 2nd job....hehehehe !!

Jeff Bratton

Jeff Bratton said:
:D Sweet ! Very nicely put, was very fun to read and to follow it.

Thought about making this poerty thing your 2nd job....hehehehe !!

Jeff Bratton

Nope ...... Just like to do one once a year or so! :rolleyes:

Forcfed93...

Noticed you have a 5% SC pulley. Do you know if that produces more or less boost than the 10% pulley? Was wondering because I have a early model... An 89 SC w/ 172,xxx miles on the original HG's yet. I heard that the 10% pulley more than likely would blow the HG's if you are hard on the car, but I have not heard anyone mention anything about the 5 % pulley though. Do you have any idea?

thanks for the time !

Jeff B.

Jeff Bratton said:
Forcfed93...

Noticed you have a 5% SC pulley. Do you know if that produces more or less boost than the 10% pulley? Was wondering because I have a early model... An 89 SC w/ 172,xxx miles on the original HG's yet. I heard that the 10% pulley more than likely would blow the HG's if you are hard on the car, but I have not heard anyone mention anything about the 5 % pulley though. Do you have any idea?

thanks for the time !

Jeff B.

Wade Embree (Embree Machine) told me that the pulley has no direct effect on head gaskets. The problem with the head gaskets come from corrosion in the cooling system brought on by weak or neglected anti-freeze. The corrosion breaks down the head gasket and that when and why they blow.

To answer your question, the 5% pulley I added gave me an extra 1.5 psi on the gauge. But, my exhaust still box stock. I have heard that the 10% does about the same.

The way I understand it, the pulley just makes the SC wind up faster and doesnt really do anything to the amount of pressure the SC makes. The big thing as I understand it, is to make sure you do an exhaust mod so you can get the motor to breath better. (This will result in a drop of head pressure but it will increase the CFM's through the engine).

Jeff, the 10% should add about 3psi. By the way, my friends were asking about your exhaust after we picked up that trunk lid. Any details? Thanks

i seen a dyno sheet yesterday. it was on a performance heads thing for SCs (supossedly the best SC heads). anyways he had a dyno that showed his heads setup and a 5% overdrive pully and then a seperate dyno with the same setup but with 10% overdrive pully.

heres the scoop, 5% makes more HP but the 10% makes more torque.

http://members.telocity.com/~bjherron/scheads/index.htm

dyno charts are towards the bottom of the page.

merry christmas all

mn12sc35th- The exhaust you seen was off the SC parts car that I had & is the rear half of the exhaust system. if interested in it just let me now & thanks for the info.

nervekiler- Thanks so much... great info.

Appreciate all replys guys !

MeRrY ChRiStMaS EvErYoNe !!

Jeff Bratton

Oh.... I'm sorry, I thought you mean't the one that I had in the garage.

The one on my car is still stock with the mufflers cut off and had a set of Monzda tips w/ baffles welded on their places. Has a better nice little rumble.

Jeff B.

That's cool. I have access to a 93 gas tank so I figure I'll throw it in and run straight 2.5" pipes and a set of Flowmaster 50's. I'm probably going to end up throwing the stock exhaust on my Base V6 (for the hell of it). Thanks

I thought about running 2.5/3/2.5 but after looking at the later model tank a bit closer, It seems like it would be easier (and maybe cheaper) to run true duals (probably flow and sound better too). I probably won't replace the cats right off (too much $$) but I may end up in a place that has emissions testing so I plan to put some on eventually. Too bust rebuilding the motor to actually come up with details but I will have to have exhaust done soon.

Back