94 sc air dam bottom ??? got frown, but not the lower????

lostsoul74

i've got a 94 sc, I love it, except for the look from the front, mines white, and has the upside down frown look in front which stands out, the others i've seen driving around have the same, but I keep seeing on the net pics of ones with a dam forge ran across the front. in other words, i've got the frown curve, but not the straight form that runs across the bottom, my lower damn is just a non painted black piece that recesses back about 5 inches, i've thought of painting it white so it doesnt look so bad, but thats not what these others car I see did, so obviously theres an attatchment that either I dont have or can get, does anyone know what I'm talking about??????????????????? E-mail me at lostsoul74@yahoo.com thanks

94 front air dam bottom

sorry, didnt describe well enough, I'm not talking about a xenon kit or anything, its still got the normal stock front end, only thing is, is that where mine and alot of others I've seen have the frown curve up, some have a piece running between the curve that levels it all out, makes it look 10 times better, anyone know what i'm talking about and where to get it, i've seen it on some so I know it exist somewhere and i've scraped the net searching........ help!!!!!

The only thing I can figure is your talking about the later year LXs ...they have a different looking bumper....Hope this helps as I have a 94 Sc, along with a 92 SC & 93 SC...Too many birds!
My daughter has a N/A 3.8 XR7...these things have taken over my family

thats a posibility, maybe someone can varify, heres a couple pictures i downloaded to help describe what i'm limited vocab for. the first photo is my car exactly as it looks right now. the second is a detailed front view, i wish I had his hood though, then it would be ok, but with my stock one, it just makes that frown stand out, the third shows that bottom connect form I was refering to, I dont have that, nor do the others i've looked at, a few custom jobs i've seen have it, but i cant find it, I guess for now I'll probably just spray paint my black recessed dam on the bottom to help, but i'd rather find this piece instead. hope I do this right.....

Attachments

• mine exact.jpg
    mine exact.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 195
another view, but this has cleaner lights, probably 97 conversion, but you can see why I think I need to dress up my front end, I need something more forward and leveled on the bottom, but I dont really like the xenon dam I see, I like the stock when I see it with the filled form as you'll see on the bottom in the red one

Attachments

• 115805_19_full.jpg
    115805_19_full.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 201
not as badly noticable with this birds induction hood, but imagine without it and how bad it would stand like like the previous photograph, by the way, anyone off hand know the cheapest place on the net I can find this hood, (for now I'll probably go with this sleek teardrop scoop I found for cheap)

Attachments

• mvc-029j.jpg
    mvc-029j.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 218
I'll reverse it for a sleeker look for a crowl, but only 100 bucks and already gelcoated white to match mine. It'll do for now since I'm on a budget

Attachments

• sstdg1.jpg
    sstdg1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 187
But heres what i'm refering to, this ones a poor example, but I cant remember where I saw the others so this will do, I need this center form to fill and level the curve, at least then it wont be so noticable. I wish I was a body man, I'd grab some stang kits and convert, but I'm only a carpenter so I hope I can just find this center post

Attachments

• 260325_2.jpg
    260325_2.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 187
while I've got everyones attention, this bird here is how I'd love to have my front end look, brought forward and filled, I like the style of the stock, but not witht the xenon kits, this guy did a great custom job on his, if anyone knows whose this is, please have him email me, i saw his site, but was limited on info, it looked like he used a break to form it then did fiberglass work on it to finish. it sucks theres only limited kits for our cars, I personaly think the birds were grossly underrated, at least I feel that way about mine anyways, it has the right look and style with the right lean, some dont quite look as good though. I got her used for 2 grand 2 months ago and she'll be my winter spring project. She almost didnt make it this far, the same day I got her I grossly underestimated her power while fighting traffic, punched a little when I saw a break into an opening, next thing I knew I was burning out and doing a 540 with a reverse 360 on the free way. I'll admit she handle like a charm, all new respect for sc's, she pulled right back in like nothin happened. I've had beamers and comaros, But I think this one heres the one I'm gona love........... ....... now where do I put the ring...:)

Attachments

• front end.jpg
    front end.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 183
front1.jpg

are you talking about this? The pic of the Red sc is done the same way... all that is done is the lower faca is painted the same color as the rest of the car..

Chris

thanks alot chris, that'll work, I was thinking about doing that, and actually mounting it forward a couple more inches so it was flush with the rest, yours looks sharp, it's just that i've got two 1 inch wholes undernieth a few inches forward and some small mounting wholes too that look like another unit was to be mounted, and some of the pics i've found showed that unit forward and flush with tthe front rather then recessed, But thats definately what I was thinking, thanks alot.

Back