Ball Joints

007_SuperCoupe

Just a quick question for the experts here. I'm wondering if the balljoints from a mustang are the same or close enough for use on the SC. The reason I ask is I am planning on lowering mine 1.5" and Steeda sells the X2 balljoint kit which raises the spindle relative to the pivot point (balljoint) back to "within tolerance." Would something like this work on our cars? Its just a thought and as I am in the planning stage right now. I'm trying to do as much research as possible. In addition, what about the caster/camber plates, can they be used on our cars? If anyone has any info, I'd appreciate it and let me know if it is a 'possibility' too. I'm not afraid of some innovative automotive engineering to get it to work. Thanks.

PS Just a little background as to where I want to get my SC. Basically I want to stiffen my suspension up (not concerned about ride comfort) to the point of 'road' type racing. I'm not really into the 1/4 mile stuff, but would really like to get into road racing (If I can get permission from my better 1/2!!)

just ask a parts shop or online with carparts or autozone if they use the same number, if not, no. The camber/caster plates wont work. These cars have adjustable caster unlike Mustangs. I've never really had a problem with steering on any SC(even the lowest) having "bump-steer" or any similar problems. Worst is not enough camber adjustment, but you can slot the frame if you need just a little more.

Best bet is a roll cage(Im serious, these cars use light metal to reduce the weight:rolleyes: ) and subrame stiffners from Kenny Brown(keep the quater panel etc from creasing at the roof spot welds) and a complete urethane bushing kit.

Already have the urethane kit and the roll cage/subframe connectors are in the plans. I was just wondering about other areas where I could improve the suspension that might be less than the conventional methods. I'll try the parts stores to see if they have any info.

Back