Custom Interior

007_SuperCoupe

Just wondering if anyone has done some cool stuff to their interiors. I'm thinking about leather two-tone seats (Front and Rear) with the colored insert being the same color as my paint with heated front seats and the two-tone door panels to match the seats. Anyone ever done this? Any recommendations for a place to get it done? What other stuff has been done to interiors that is cool as well?

I made my interior two tone black and silver with silver/black pedals also, silver faced gauges and digital gauges on the a-pillar. Also have a custom switch panel where the stock cd player was. My seats will soon be redone in black/silver leather also, and umm, thats it for my custom interior

You guys using the original seats? Seems like the bolsters would make it tricky to recover.

This place does some work, but don't know how much they'll do custom-wise. They say they have more that isn't listed. They also have the heated & massage seat inserts:

http://www.katzkin.com/SITE/HTML/index.html

FYI guys - the 35th anniversary cars had a two-tone (black leather outer with grey suede inserts) for both front and rear. They also used a blue "rib" to seperate the colours as well. A competent re-upholsterer shouldn't have to much of a problem with this.
I just got SC seats for my LX and I will have to do something (recovering) with them as well.
Just trying to help.

Yes, i am going to keep my original seats. I have the grey cloth interior right now, but want ot upgrade to leather. In the process, I figured that I would make it unique, or at the very least different. It would be similar to the two-tone seats of the roadsters of yester-year. It would also be like the color matched interior on the new birds as well. I figured I'd add a couple luxury features as well, i.e. heated seats.

My plan is to have the OEM grey leather on the outer edge of the seat (the color of my interior) and then midnight blue--or as close to it as I can get--for the 'insert' of the seat. Around the edges of the seat the stitches I'd like to be in contrast. Meaning the stitches on the grey leather would be the blue of the insert and visa-versa. I'd have this for both the front and rear seats. My wife thinks I should put heated seats all the way around (except for the middle rear). I'm also going to have matching door panels. I'd like to find somewhere to embroider (sp) the thunderbird along the top of the seat, just below the headrest. I don't have the $$ now, but I can always dream. Actually, as my signature goes, it will be mine. I'm just not sure when. My first next upgrade is exhaust, then aftermarket foglamps. After that it may be interior so long as it stays running. :) This all means that I'lll get to my interior in about 1 1/2 to 2 years. Just the right time to figure out exactly what I want. I tend to do that about things. I researched supercoupes for about 2 years before I got rid of my 92 LX for an 89! Anyway, again, if anyone has pictures to share, that would be great!

Cheers!

Back