Solution for ac delete bracket

super red91

After buying the ac delete bracket for the n/a tbird i didnt like how the back hole didnt line up and the plastic 6 rib pulley. So what i did was have some aluminum welded on the back hole and had is reshaped to fit right. I also took the pulley off my ac and had a bushing made for it to fit on the new ac delete bracket. So now i have all of the holes lining up correctly and an 8 rib steel pulley on the bracket. Ill try to get pics as soon as i can get ahold of a digital camera.

I'd be interested in seeing those when you get them. How hard was it to make the bushing, and adapt it to the steel pulley? I'm worried that my make-shift 6 rib belt it about to give out. Thanks for the info!!!

How much does the new pulley weigh??

Could you not gut the AC compressor if you are looking to reduce weight?

Why on earth would the 6 rib belt give out? I've been running mine for 4 years and a good 40K now. The only reason it was 8 ribs in the first place was for the A/C which you don't have anymore. Besides, the N/A bird only needed 6 and it was spinning a clutch fan as well as A/C. Putting on the 8 rib pulley is a complete waste of time IMO.

The A/C delete pulley and bracket together weigh about - maybe 1 lb. If that.

well all together i would say that the whole bracket and steel pulley from the stock a/c weighs about 5lbs. i just like the idea of having my belt on all the way rather than hanging off the pulley.

Here is a 6-rib Dayco number: 5060900 poly cog for stock size
$31.99 at Kragen.com

they also list next size down as 5060895 $25.99

Back