Mod - Horsepower discrepencies

plev72

Hey all, I've been looking at the various mods people have posted and how they correlate with the amount of horsepower they are putting out. While this hasn't been a scientific study, It looks like folks are reporting fast differences in output with roughly similar mods. I don't understand how someone with Coy Miller mods and a number of boltons can only be putting out 245 rwhp for example... I understand that there is certain to be some difference in between dynos and in between cars and that whether conditions and road conditions etc etc may play a difference, but when I read about a car that looks to have a few thousand dollars in performance upgrades and it has only gained 50 or 70 rwhp it is pretty dismaying.

Hmm... I wondering if there was actually a question somewhere in that monologue? In anycase, has anyone else observed this? Any opinions or explanations?

Paul

I think the assumptions you are making are the following:
<ol>
<li> all the mods are listed
<li> the mods and times and dyno numbers are up to date
</ol>

From my personal observations, it is rare that the q/m time and dyno numbers match the mods listed at the time of the run/dyno pull.

For example. Just a few big gain mods came after my dyno pull... Therefore not matching up.

Can be a common thing to find matching modz, very different dyno numbers...

I don't lay out $100 everytime I add something, therefore, not showing an accurate number..

Hope this is helpful,
Anthony

My dyno #'s and 1/4 mile times are also before my big injectors, Steig. heads, intake and cam. I am also throwing a MP Front Mount I/C into the mix right now.

Back