ARC Question/Problem

007_SuperCoupe

I have tried the search as well as mn12performance.com and have not gotten an answer for my particular problem. Obviously, it is my ARC. It just began this morning on my way to work. In the "auto" position, it will turn on when the vehicle starts (normal) and when any of the factors that make it turn on while driving also activate the system. However, after it is activated, it shuts off after 1-2 seconds. It is like it is turning itself off. I can be parked and press on the brake to get it to turn on, but still will turn off after a couple seconds. In the "on" position, it blinks once every 8 seconds or so (8 seconds off, and blinks on once). I have not heard of this happening (researched posts) to any one else, so if anyone has had this happen, can you please shed some light? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Hey Sam, what's going on. One flash means that the REAR LEFT actuator is having some sort of problem. It might be bad, or the contacts might just need cleaning. Here is the code system:

1 Flash = Rear Left
2 Flash = Rear Right
3 Flash = Front Right
4 Flash = Front Left

Oh yeah, I have some IC studs also if you still need them. Just let me know. Later.

Thomas

What Thomas A said.... Rear Left Actuator.

Verify this by not using auto and put it into firm. You should get 1 blink and then off.

Then go take that actuator off and flip it to firm. If it stays in firm with the actuator disconnected from the shock, then it's the pin in the top of the shock that is binding. Use some penetrating oil in the top of the shock and then use a needle noose pliers to turn the pin back and forth to loosen it up.

Maybe take the actuator off one of the front shocks first so you can get a good view of what you will be dealing with in back.

The actuators come off real easy by just sqeezing where it looks like you should, and then pop off it comes.

Thanks,Thomas. Hopefully I can get it fixed pretty soon. Are they hard to get to? Do I understand this correctly that only when the system is activated, and you get the flashing firm light indicator, the number of flashes determines which actuator is having a problem of some sort? Thanks again.

And yeah, I can still use the IC studs. I'll send you an email.

Thanks for the greater detail Mike8675309. You posted the same time I was responding.

Last edited:
They are pretty easy to find. Just pull down the carpet in the trunk behind your seat. They are right there. Yes, your understanding is correct. If you flip the switch to FIRM, it will flash 1-4 times indicating the code for the problem.

Thomas

Back