Front sway bar end links

supercoupe92FL

COuld anyone perhaps know step by step instructions to install sway bar end links in the front. It seems straight forward, but I'm just kinda worried about breaking something or taking something off I'm not supposed to while i'm down there. The Haynes manual is ok, but the pictures arent too helpful.

ANy help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ok I'm having some issues getting the links off. I've taken the nuts off and it wont budge at all. Haynes manual talks about using some special tool to get the end link off the sway bar. Is this a joint separator perhaps? And if so, do i need to get it from ford or would like pep boys carry it?

Thanks

There under tension... not much. just use a long screw drive and a hammer, just give them a tap and they'll come right out, you shouldn't have to tap the new ones in the should go in pretty easy.

Good luck
Tim

OK I tried hitting the links with a hammer and long screwdriver and no luck. They wont move at all! I guess they are rusted in there, i tried spraying with WD-40 hoping some of it may seep in there but i doubt it will work. Any suggestions?! I would rather not have to take it to the shop for something that should be this easy to fix

get a bigger hammer!

Mine were lodged in there pretty good too. I ended up using a fork usually used for tie rod ends or ball joints. One or two good pounds from a hammer and a tug and they were free. Give it a try. The worst that will happen is you may split the rubber on the old end links. No biggy if they are getting tossed anyway. Good luck.

Anthony

Back