Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st time Super Coupe Owner

Talking 1st time Super Coupe Owner

Well... Today I just became the owner of a 1991 Super Coupe. Its the first automatic I have ever owned.. but I think sacrificing the MT was worth it.

I have never even ridden in one before, and I took my fiance's advice that they were awesome cars. Well I purchased it on ebay and picked it up.. and fell in love with it on the way home.

Just wanted to say that your FAQ forum for new owners was awesome.. every message board should have one of those. It answered pretty much every question I had about it. All I need now is a radiator that doesn't leak.. and I am set.

-Dave

Try radiatorexpress.com. I had to replace the one in my 90SC last month. I ordered one from them for $189. It is all metal copper and brass, fits perfect and cools as good or better than stock. Their service was great also as I received the radiator quickly. I'm sure that others on this site will say the same thing.

Just my.02 Bob

Congrats on the new car! It's nice to have a good drive home. We drove 10 hrs or so to get mine and I loved the drive home--even though the stereo didn't work It was a fun 10 hr drive home just the same.

I only had a 2.5 hour drive... and my radio wasn't working either. I was determined to get it working on the way home. Well.. 30 minutes to get home.. I had tunes. It was only the left front speaker... but hey.. it was workin

LOL, replaced my head unit just to find out that all speakers (sub too) were blown. Put up a picture when you can.

Yeah, today I put in a new deck and found that the sub was blown. All I get out of the interior speakers is really high... sound quality that you might expect out of 3.5" speakers. Does anyone know how that sub actually sounded? If it was worth saving, I'll replace the woofer in there.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow... its not the most mint thing in the world, but I love it.

Well.. posting pictures ended up being a little later than I said.. but hey..

I picked it up for $1550.. and it has 80k under it's belt. So far I've had to replace the Belts, Headlamp/Dimmer Switch, Radio, Radiator (had a small leak.. new one on its way), Windshield Wipers, and Spark Plugs. Not too bad so far.

Only one thing that I thought was odd.. when the woman was following me back home.. she said there was a little T-Bird logo that spun in the grill of the rear bumper. I didn't believe her.. so I looked underneath and didn't see anything... so she drove it.. and I followed.. and sure enough.. around 50mph.. a little T-bird logo appears and spins. Is that a factory thing?

Cool engine?

Thant engine is gleaming!!! Did you buy it from a dealer who steam cleaned/pressure washed it first or did you buy it from a private owner? About that spinning bird, couldn't tell you, never seen one or heard of one do that. Nice bird, there awsome cars, enjoy!!!

Hehe.. yeah.. the engine was pretty shiny It was purchased from the original owner up here in Illinois. I'm suprised its not all rusted out like all the other early 90's cars.

He took real good care of it.

Angry

You stole that car! I thought I did good getting mine w/ 66500 miles for $3500. I drove mine back to Fla from NC. Such nice cars. I got on it today to pass after a tune up...wow! You "have to" look back at them every time you get out to go inside. Enjoy. I am!
    Oh, how much was the headlamp auto switch? I need one it appears.

I got it from Autzone for $12.00... when I picked up the car it had some issues. When you went to dim the gauge cluster.. it would dim the parking lights.

If you do get that switch... you might have one little problem...

I'm not sure if the switch that was in my car was the wrong one.. or if the new switch from autozone was..

the switch itself was identical except for one pin. The pin for the parking lights was up 1 and over 1. What I had to do was remove the parking light wire from the harness and move it so it matched the pins on the switch. If you have to do that.. the Brown wire is for the parking lights.

Hey, beautiful car! Best of luck with it! But now I'm really curious about this "rear bumper spinning logo" thing... What the heck is it? Sounds really mysterious! You say you can't see anything under there upon close inspection, but it appears while driving. Never heard of this, sounds pretty wild! Do you have any other details about? Anyway, enjoy the car!
    SCCoA Member# 1786,
    1990 SC, AOD, 193k, Twilight Blue, bought in 1994, 1.7 AR tuned by Dave Dalke
    1994 SC, 4R70W, 139k, Teal Metallic, bought in 2014
    2014/2016 Carlisle 1st Place Winner, 94-95 SCs
    2014 Carlisle SCCOA Doug Fraleigh Best of Show Modified Trophy

Originally posted by Dauber
    I picked it up for $1550.. and it has 80k under it's belt. So far I've had to replace the Belts, Headlamp/Dimmer Switch, Radio, Radiator (had a small leak.. new one on its way), Windshield Wipers, and Spark Plugs. Not too bad so far.

Wow, that sounds just like mine! Check your motor mounts and ball joints, just in case your car continues to follow suit. That engine really does look great, did you clean it up already? Nice to buy from someone who cared for the car.

That little bird you're talking about is kinda creeping me out though!
    Going to have to see that one! Great buy on that car!

yes i am curious on the spinning bird logo. have never seen one. please explain more on the spinning bird.