Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st time Super Coupe Owner

I'll try to get some pictures of it this week with a digital camera. Hopefully it will show it pretty well.

As far as the balljoints and motor mounts.. I orderd some Tokico Struts and Tokico Springs. When I go to put those in, I'm replacing the ball joints, all suspension bushings with poly, and gonna drop in some new motor mounts

is it one of the 2 birds in the trunklid's reflectors? or down on the bumper, maybe one of the reflector emblems on the trunklid is loose and is moving somehow?
    Last edited by pdennis93; 01-31-2003 at 12:30 PM.

A loose emblem on the tail light? Good lord...

The emblem is inside the bumper. In the center of the vent area in the bottom of the bumper. It isn't there when the car is still.. when the car is moving.. air forces it downward and it spins on an axis.

So you can see it tucked up in there somewhere when it's parked?

Weird. Take a pic if you can.

Ok.. here's the deal.. You can't see anything resembling a T-bird logo when its parked. I crawled up under there and saw nothing. The only think I found was a black plastic flap...

Tonight I went out driving with a camera.. I must have took about 50 pictures.. and the picture can't seem to grab it. It doesn't spin.. it looks more like a strobing light in the shape of a logo.

I think it has something to do with that flap.. and its directing light at some reflector when the car is at higher speeds. I worked on another SC today at work that was a 1992.. He had that plastic flap. Where you see the logo is right where that plastic flap is. My guess is that it is a factory thing.. just no one ever notices because they arn't driving behind their vehicle, and other people don't think anything of it.

You all should check it out.

ive driven behind my fathers SC and behind another SC here in town and ive never seen or noticed it... but then again i wasnt really looking for it. ill check it out sometime, my dads SC has that black plastic flap but mine doesnt (but my rear bumper is starting to sag also)

Yeah.. its only visable at night time. Looks like it reflects your headlights back at you.

Thumbs up

Thats a very nic car !!! that engine bay looks brank spankin new !!!! congratulations on your purchase, its a steal !!

first sc

i just got my first sc in feb ive had other tbirds just not sc's i can tell you from experiance sc parts are very hard to find in central illinoisi hunted all over the us for a part i was looking for. i paid too much i think for my 90 sc but man is it fun to drive. keep your eye out you my see me runnin around in peoria as my mom and dad live up there and im only 40 miles south in good old mason county

spinning bird

yes please do tell..! never heard about a spinning bird but sounds awesome... some one or everyone please tell all you know.. what is it??
    -Damon