Question for you all!! How proud are ya??

Well, first off, just let me say that I appreciate the common ground that we all share here ( SC's) That needs to be remembered before we start arguing politics. But, I love politics, so ill throw my 2 cents in.
I actually like the idea of the 4 towers with the memorial park in the middle. Except that I think we should build all four towers taller than the original two.
As far as Iraq goes, Saddam is a terrorist through and through. Its very plain that he and Osama Bin Laden are playing for the same team. If he wasnt , then why did Bin Laden warn America of serious repercussions if we attack Iraq? The war on terrorism that was started in Afghanistan will continue through Iraq, and hopefully North Korea. Taking out Saddam is just as Important as taking out Bin Laden. And if you dont think the CIA is still hot on the trail of Bin Laden, then your a fool. Just because were not dropping bombs on the country that he wasnt even in anymore, (Afghanistan) doesnt mean were not hunting him down.
We can thank our lucky stars that Bill Clinton fell victim to term limits, He couldnt carry George W Bush's jock strap when it comes to being a president. Clinton had Bin Laden handed to him on a silver platter 5 years ago, but he didnt do crap about it. He knew for a fact he was responsible for Bombing the USS Cole, but, again, he didnt do a thing about it. The only criticism I have of the president at this point is that hes wasting his time with the pacifists at the U.N. , waiting for approval (to go to war) that is never going to come. We should just go in and do it ourselves. But hey, what do I know. I just work on SC's, Im not the president.

hmmm.....

Well you are a good man in my book. That is the very reason that I started this post anyway. I wanted to get edjucated views from some fellow SC'ers.
I could as easily went to other sources for opinions. I think that SC's are great and all, but they don't mean a "hill of beans" if we have to live in a country that lives in fear. I would jump at the oppourtunity today if I was "drafted" or given the oppourtunity to be an active part of the war on terrorism.
The economy doesn't look any better after the holidays, and people are not buying freely because they are scared of what will eventually become war (in my opionion). Well except the fact that imports are selling. It galls the $h!t out of me to see all these new foreign cars rolling around with damn american flags taped to the windows and bumbers! I'm veering again! LOL!:mad:
Saddam should have been dealt with in Dessert Storm the first time around by the first Bush President. I hope his son has bigger balls to get the job done!:(
Dirtybirdie

Last edited:
The economy is coming around. It has been growing for the past few months, albeit slowly. In general though, war never helps the economy. Many times it triggers recession. But, Id rather have hard economic times for a few years than have a nuke dropped in my back yard, or have my skin melt off because we didnt stop them from building chemical weapons when we had the chance.
As far as taking saddam out in Desert Storm, your right, it would have been better to have taken him out. But hindsight is always 20/20. You have to understand though that when we went into Desert Storm, all the liberals were crying about how it was going to be another Vietnam. In order to assure that it wouldnt be, we laid out clear objectives for that war, namely liberating Kuwait. Ousting Saddam was never an objective. Once the objectives were accomplished, the president was quick to get it over with, which was what everyone wanted at the time. While George Bush Sr. was by no means the best president weve ever had, he doesnt deserve any blame for not ousting Saddam. That was never the point.
You are right that this country means far more than cars or other material possessions. One day all these SC's will rust away and be gone, but lets pray that the United States will still be standing strong.

I agree that Sr. did what he intended to do. And I don't agree with the people who say that he didn't get the job done, he did, they are just talking about a different job. The biggest problem I have with going to war with Iraq is that if we keep throwing our considerable weight around eventually the rest of the nations world will declare us the rogue nation. And then we really don't have leg to stand on if they do the same thing to us.

hmmmm.....

I agree with all those points being that they are strong points. I am glad that you joined this tread because you seem to have a concrete knowledge about more than just SC's.:D It is really cool to me that we can have an adult conversation about the world around us. I like the fact we can get past cars for once on this forum to take a look at life in general.
I also think that I have met my match in "thunderstruck" because I really understand your perspective which seems to be broader than that of mine.
Your knowledge is bigger than mine dude!
dirtybird91:D :D

Allow me to play devil's advocate :D

thunderstruck said:

why did Bin Laden warn America of serious repercussions if we attack Iraq?

One could argue that he was standing up for another so called injustice towards his fellow Muslims. Like the injustice of Isreal against Palistine that he said started all of this.

The war on terrorism that was started in Afghanistan will continue through Iraq, and hopefully North Korea. [/B]

I agree that terrorism needs to stop, but why attack a country that has shown no sign of aggression to the US. The attack on Afghanistan was based on the fact that the taliban was sheltering Osama, suddenly he is no where to be found soooooooo.........lets go after Iraq, this way we can show the American people that we are serious about terrorism by attacking our greatest enemy in the last 10 years, which has nothing to do with Osama.

I don't care what you think, there has been no proof that Osama had any help from Iraq.

. And if you dont think the CIA is still hot on the trail of Bin Laden, then your a fool. Just because were not dropping bombs on the country that he wasnt even in anymore, (Afghanistan) doesnt mean were not hunting him down. ?[/B]

Unless you have some information from the CIA that no one else has access to..........:confused:

Facts are facts, it's been almost 1.5 years and they still have not brought him to justice.

As far as being looked at as a rogue nation, I think the only countries that would feel that way are the same kind that are saying that type of rhetoric right now, like Iraq and North Korea.
The bottom line is that We have NEVER tried to take over any country, only liberate them. We are not expansionists. I think all of the intelligent nations realize this. For istance, Kuwait, We liberated them, but we did not set up our own government, we only gave them the ability to set up there own.
As a superpower, you are entitled to nuclear weapons. Thats why we never try to stop countries like Russia and Britain from having nukes. Its understood that they and us have to have nukes to ensure peace. ( Speak softly and carry a big stick) I sometimes dont like the tendency to stick our noses in other peoples business, but when Our national security is at stake, we are entitled to preserve it. If that means rooting out governments that promote terrorism, then thats fine. I think nations with sane leaders understand that. Despite what the media tries to make it sound like, we actually have quite broad support for what we are doing. Any country who loves freedom and tries to promote it like we do will not be affected by the few tyrants who try to label us as warmongers.

Dirtybird: thank you for the flattering comments, however, I have no more knowledge than anyone else, I just look at things rationally and try to get past all of the liberal media propaganda.

hmmmm....

I am seriously waiting on a response to what thunderstruck has stated here! This is getting more interesting that "Live with Larry King" LOL!!!!
:D :D :D
dirtybirdie

Last edited:
Thunderstruck!

Handle your business man! We will keep this tread going all week if we have to! You guys are too much!
BTW: TBirdsc357 has a broader knowledge than that of mine too!
:D
dirtybirdie

True that MAD worked at one point, however when even our own president says that we are the only super power left in the world and we will do what we need to so that we may remain that way, some people are going to get pissed off. And if liberation is the goal, why is it that we let China do what it wants when their record of human rights (or the lack thereof) is appalling.

BTW... Dirtybird, great thread

Thanks 93SC

Hey dudes! I really think that 93SC has a valid point here that needs addressed!! Who will be the first to rebutt??? Good point 93SC!!!:D
I know: "I'm instigating trouble here!"
dirtybirdie
:p

Allow me to play the bad guy once again....for the sake of discussion (It's been a while since I've been in a good debate :D)

thunderstruck said:

The bottom line is that We have NEVER tried to take over any country, only liberate them.

Liberate Yes, but only when the US has something to gain.

Example 1: The taliban had taken over Afghanistan long before last year. The only people/group that tried to help was the UN and they failed. No one else did anything while these people were being brutalized. It is only because of the attack on the twin towers that the US attacked the taliban, and used the cover of "we must stand up for justice and human rights"

Example 2: Sure the US would try and liberate Kuwait........do you think they would stand back and watch Iraq (second largest oil reserve in the world) take over Kuwait, I don't think so.

I like a good debate, to bad we're not local, I'd buy you guys a beer after we got done arguing.

93SC said:
And if liberation is the goal, why is it that we let China do what it wants when their record of human rights (or the lack thereof) is appalling.

93SC, good point.

The same goes for North Korea. We are attacking Iraq for supposedly having/making weopns of MD with no proof.......however, N.Korea is openly breaking their "no nuclear program" ........should the US not attack them instead/also??

That is an excellent point about China. I agree that something needs to be done there as well. I believe that will be a serious problem in the future. To bad Bill Clinton helped them and gave them military secrets in exchange for campiagn contributions. He should be hanged as a traitor in my opinion.
You have somewhat of a point about only liberating them when our interests are at stake. But keep in mind that if we went around liberating EVERYONE who is not in a free country, we would be all over the place. Our military would be spread too thin. We kinda have to fight one battle at a time.
North Korea Is definitely a problem. I think we have been doing the right thing trying to solve things diplomatically, however, if they continue to thumb thier nose at us as they have the past week, I wouldnt object to military pressure.

When talking politics the discussion always seem to get out of hand and people get very emotional and take things personally.

I must say that this was a very good civilized conversation. Well done to all who participated.

Exactly!

Guys this tread has hit the bullseye! It has really served the purpose it was meant to.
My knowledge is growing thanks to you guys!
It's also reassuring to know that I will be spending years around people that think past cars.
dirtybird91;)

Last edited:
Re: hmmmm....

quite a few of OUR people would die also. not to mention the ecological DISASTER that would follow. the earth wouldn't be capable of supporting america, let alone your america II and III. (i like the plan, it's just not feasible. thats why it hasn't happened)

Riiiiiiiiight and the pestilence of rotting corpses, the spreading of viruses by all the wussy a$$ biological crap they are coming up with wont???

dirtybird91 said:
Well, I don't know how serious he was about just blowing the hell out of the middle east. However; it was pretty funny! But seriously something does have to be done because this is getting totally "out of hand".

Don't put words in my mouth please :) I was 100% totally friggin serious about what I said. All this crap about the attack on America and weapons of mass destruction, dudes, its just a friggin coverup. Read this if its still down then read it later.

Jr. is just picking up Sr's unfinished business. Where's all the attention towards Bin Laden??? "Smoke him out and hunt him down like a fox?" Where's all that talk at now??? It's hard to believe that they all of a sudden stopped. Now he is concentrated in sending troops into Iraq, but what about Bin??? If it isn't obvious whats going on, pick up a real news paper instead of the bull you see on TV.

I think it sucks that so many lower income people, white and "minorities" are being sent in and used as tools for Bush and the never ending saga Desert Storm II. Everyone knows sequels suck! So why deteriorate the economy, add on to the budget defficit, force so many into bankruptcy and create all this extra stress on people??? Its all a friggin joke to me. I mean the bastard can barely pronounce "Nucular" (nuclear) and he is concerned about weapons of mass destruction. Were any of these issues on his ballot when the republicans were voting??? Then again what do they care about right? So they lose a couple hundred thou in the stock market, big deal, they'll make it up by firing some democrats.

Here's an idea, send all of our troops back to their families, aim some missiles right at Afghanistan, and Iraq, but send them the "scenic route" around through another country so no one can really see where they came from and blow some terrorists up. Then if we get blamed for it, deny it. Seriously, if these idiots had some real weapons, they wouldnt be using airplanes as missiles now would they??

Al

nukeart2.jpg

Last edited:
Back