Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for you all!! How proud are ya??

Question hmmmm....

Well, I don't know how serious he was about just blowing the hell out of the middle east. However; it was pretty funny! But seriously something does have to be done because this is getting totally "out of hand". I wish Bill Clinton was back in office, but everybody is too damn worried about where he is watering his horse! LOL!!! I could give a damn about that as long as he does his job!
    dirtybirdie

Like he was ever the first prez to get some on the side while in office. I refuse to believe that this country is so puritanical, therefore it must be other people who are insecure rasing the most noise.

I must admit that this is an interesting way to get into a war, it seems like we are just tripping into it instead of running. It just seems that if we are going to go to war we should go all out, or shut the hell up and leave other people alone.
    Last edited by 93SC; 01-16-2003 at 01:18 AM.

Thumbs up Indeed!

Amen to that!!!! That's for damn sure!

dirtybirdie

All I know is that judging by some of these posts, I think everyone here should stick to building SC's and give up on playing armchair president.

Question hmmmmm....

Originally posted by thunderstruck
    All I know is that judging by some of these posts, I think everyone here should stick to building SC's and give up on playing armchair president.
    What exactly do you mean by that dude?? Do you like the way things are going politically?
    dirtybirdie

Well, first off, just let me say that I appreciate the common ground that we all share here ( SC's) That needs to be remembered before we start arguing politics. But, I love politics, so ill throw my 2 cents in.
    I actually like the idea of the 4 towers with the memorial park in the middle. Except that I think we should build all four towers taller than the original two.
    As far as Iraq goes, Saddam is a terrorist through and through. Its very plain that he and Osama Bin Laden are playing for the same team. If he wasnt , then why did Bin Laden warn America of serious repercussions if we attack Iraq? The war on terrorism that was started in Afghanistan will continue through Iraq, and hopefully North Korea. Taking out Saddam is just as Important as taking out Bin Laden. And if you dont think the CIA is still hot on the trail of Bin Laden, then your a fool. Just because were not dropping bombs on the country that he wasnt even in anymore, (Afghanistan) doesnt mean were not hunting him down.
    We can thank our lucky stars that Bill Clinton fell victim to term limits, He couldnt carry George W Bush's jock strap when it comes to being a president. Clinton had Bin Laden handed to him on a silver platter 5 years ago, but he didnt do crap about it. He knew for a fact he was responsible for Bombing the USS Cole, but, again, he didnt do a thing about it. The only criticism I have of the president at this point is that hes wasting his time with the pacifists at the U.N. , waiting for approval (to go to war) that is never going to come. We should just go in and do it ourselves. But hey, what do I know. I just work on SC's, Im not the president.

Thumbs up hmmm.....

Well you are a good man in my book. That is the very reason that I started this post anyway. I wanted to get edjucated views from some fellow SC'ers.
    I could as easily went to other sources for opinions. I think that SC's are great and all, but they don't mean a "hill of beans" if we have to live in a country that lives in fear. I would jump at the oppourtunity today if I was "drafted" or given the oppourtunity to be an active part of the war on terrorism.
    The economy doesn't look any better after the holidays, and people are not buying freely because they are scared of what will eventually become war (in my opionion). Well except the fact that imports are selling. It galls the $h!t out of me to see all these new foreign cars rolling around with damn american flags taped to the windows and bumbers! I'm veering again! LOL!
    Saddam should have been dealt with in Dessert Storm the first time around by the first Bush President. I hope his son has bigger balls to get the job done!
    Dirtybirdie
    Last edited by dirtybird91; 01-16-2003 at 02:21 AM.

The economy is coming around. It has been growing for the past few months, albeit slowly. In general though, war never helps the economy. Many times it triggers recession. But, Id rather have hard economic times for a few years than have a nuke dropped in my back yard, or have my skin melt off because we didnt stop them from building chemical weapons when we had the chance.
    As far as taking saddam out in Desert Storm, your right, it would have been better to have taken him out. But hindsight is always 20/20. You have to understand though that when we went into Desert Storm, all the liberals were crying about how it was going to be another Vietnam. In order to assure that it wouldnt be, we laid out clear objectives for that war, namely liberating Kuwait. Ousting Saddam was never an objective. Once the objectives were accomplished, the president was quick to get it over with, which was what everyone wanted at the time. While George Bush Sr. was by no means the best president weve ever had, he doesnt deserve any blame for not ousting Saddam. That was never the point.
    You are right that this country means far more than cars or other material possessions. One day all these SC's will rust away and be gone, but lets pray that the United States will still be standing strong.

I agree that Sr. did what he intended to do. And I don't agree with the people who say that he didn't get the job done, he did, they are just talking about a different job. The biggest problem I have with going to war with Iraq is that if we keep throwing our considerable weight around eventually the rest of the nations world will declare us the rogue nation. And then we really don't have leg to stand on if they do the same thing to us.

Cool hmmmm.....

I agree with all those points being that they are strong points. I am glad that you joined this tread because you seem to have a concrete knowledge about more than just SC's. It is really cool to me that we can have an adult conversation about the world around us. I like the fact we can get past cars for once on this forum to take a look at life in general.
    I also think that I have met my match in "thunderstruck" because I really understand your perspective which seems to be broader than that of mine.
    Your knowledge is bigger than mine dude!
    dirtybird91

Allow me to play devil's advocate

Originally posted by thunderstruck

why did Bin Laden warn America of serious repercussions if we attack Iraq?
    One could argue that he was standing up for another so called injustice towards his fellow Muslims. Like the injustice of Isreal against Palistine that he said started all of this.

[i]The war on terrorism that was started in Afghanistan will continue through Iraq, and hopefully North Korea. [/B]
    I agree that terrorism needs to stop, but why attack a country that has shown no sign of aggression to the US. The attack on Afghanistan was based on the fact that the taliban was sheltering Osama, suddenly he is no where to be found soooooooo.........lets go after Iraq, this way we can show the American people that we are serious about terrorism by attacking our greatest enemy in the last 10 years, which has nothing to do with Osama.

I don't care what you think, there has been no proof that Osama had any help from Iraq.

[i]. And if you dont think the CIA is still hot on the trail of Bin Laden, then your a fool. Just because were not dropping bombs on the country that he wasnt even in anymore, (Afghanistan) doesnt mean were not hunting him down. ?[/B]
    Unless you have some information from the CIA that no one else has access to..........

Facts are facts, it's been almost 1.5 years and they still have not brought him to justice.

As far as being looked at as a rogue nation, I think the only countries that would feel that way are the same kind that are saying that type of rhetoric right now, like Iraq and North Korea.
    The bottom line is that We have NEVER tried to take over any country, only liberate them. We are not expansionists. I think all of the intelligent nations realize this. For istance, Kuwait, We liberated them, but we did not set up our own government, we only gave them the ability to set up there own.
    As a superpower, you are entitled to nuclear weapons. Thats why we never try to stop countries like Russia and Britain from having nukes. Its understood that they and us have to have nukes to ensure peace. ( Speak softly and carry a big stick) I sometimes dont like the tendency to stick our noses in other peoples business, but when Our national security is at stake, we are entitled to preserve it. If that means rooting out governments that promote terrorism, then thats fine. I think nations with sane leaders understand that. Despite what the media tries to make it sound like, we actually have quite broad support for what we are doing. Any country who loves freedom and tries to promote it like we do will not be affected by the few tyrants who try to label us as warmongers.

Dirtybird: thank you for the flattering comments, however, I have no more knowledge than anyone else, I just look at things rationally and try to get past all of the liberal media propaganda.

Question hmmmm....

I am seriously waiting on a response to what thunderstruck has stated here! This is getting more interesting that "Live with Larry King" LOL!!!!

dirtybirdie
    Last edited by dirtybird91; 01-16-2003 at 03:11 AM.

Exclamation Thunderstruck!

Handle your business man! We will keep this tread going all week if we have to! You guys are too much!
    BTW: TBirdsc357 has a broader knowledge than that of mine too!

dirtybirdie

True that MAD worked at one point, however when even our own president says that we are the only super power left in the world and we will do what we need to so that we may remain that way, some people are going to get pissed off. And if liberation is the goal, why is it that we let China do what it wants when their record of human rights (or the lack thereof) is appalling.

BTW... Dirtybird, great thread