Favorite car song?

who here likes old (and new) car songs?

Re: Favorite car song?

About cars or songs to cruise with? To cruise with I prefer

Darude - Sandstorm

i meant car songs in general. i think there was already a "cruising song" poll

Todd Rundgren's "little Red Lights"... guitar solos in 3 gears ( really ; 1st-slow ,2nd- moderate ,3d-frantic hendrix type! ) and lyrics about outrunning the law. A true driver's song.( you "youngster's" won't know who the hell he is i'm sure ). hehe

Did someone say Todd?

I hardly ever look in here.Dan a TR fan?Whaddya know?When i was a kid these older guys I admired were listening to the Nazz!Loved all the early recordings,saw the TODD album tour in Central Park,even got my name on the poster that came with it.lost interest w/Utopia but really like the later live in the studio stuff.Actually saw the Nearly Human tour in the old Studio 54 after it shut down.
Great car song btw

Todd Is God

Yup Chuck ,a true fan here .He gave me incentive to pick up the guitar actually. Got to play some of his tunes in club bands too . Been to about 12 concerts. I can't believe there's another SC'er that actually even heard of him , much less attended a concert. Guess that makes TWO things we have in common Chuck. LOL

Re: Todd Is God

sunna-power struggle
awesome for during a quick drag.
"i was made to fly,
and you were made to die"

AC/DC-Thunderstuck (editied by me)
play it after you win a race
"you've been THUNDERSTRUCK"

Metallica-Fuel
Play as a challenge.
"gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which i desire!"

How about those?

Crusing- I don't "cruise". :evil:

sound's cheesy, but...

I love crusing listening to local h - bound for the floor

Re: sound's cheesy, but...

The song from Dumb & Dumber:

Primitives: Crash

.....Here you go way to fast, if you don't slow down your going to crash, you should watch what your stare, if you don't look out you're going to brake your neck..........nanananananannanana..............nananannananananna.

Truely a great song.

Don't know?

I have no radio in my car now for over a year (love to hear my engine), 150db system is coming :cool:

the beach boys love my cars

I picked fun fun fun because the SC is the second car ive had that the beachboys have done a song about. "Fun fun fun" obviously for the t-bird, and the GTO song (forgot the title) for my 68 GTO! my foot automatically floors the accelerator when i hear those songs when im in the car.

Re: the beach boys love my cars

i believe you are referring to "little GTO" which i think was done by Ronnie (?) and the daytonas.

It was done by the beach boys, Ronnie and the daytonas and Jan & Dean who also did fun fun fun.

Isn't Napster Great? :evil:

actually Jan and dean did the little old lady from pasadena and deadmans curve, the beach boys did fun fun fun, and 409 and little deuce coupe

REO:Back on the road again.

Silver Thunderbird

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Mark Cohn's Silver Thunderbird

Watched it coming up Winslow
Down South Park Boulevard
Yeah it was looking good from tail to hood
Great big fins and painted steel
Man it looked just like the Batmobile
With my old man behind the wheel

Well you could hardly even see him
In all of that chrome
The man with the plan and the pocket comb
But every night it carried him home
And I could hear him sayin'...

Don't gimme no Buick
Son you must take my word
If there's a God in heaven
He's got a Silver Thunderbird
You can keep your Eldorados
And the foreign car's absurd
Me I wanna go down
In a Silver Thunderbird

He got up every morning
While I was still asleep
But I remember the sound of him shuffling around
Then right before the crack of dawn
I heard him turn the motor on
But when I got up they were gone

Down the road in the rain and snow
The man and his machine would go
Oh the secrets that old car would know
Sometimes I hear him sayin'...

Don't gimme no Buick
Son you must take my word
If there's a God in heaven
He's got a Silver Thunderbird
You can keep your Eldorados
And the foreign car's absurd
Me I wanna go down
In a Silver Thunderbird

Favorite car song.

Actually, Little GTO was done by Ronny and the Daytonas. It was NOT performed by the Beach Boys, Jan and Dean or any of the sort. You have to remember, the Napster community is younger people who do not even remember when this stuff came out. I've seen "Beach Boys" on songs like "Little Cobra" (A personal favorite) "Hot Rod Race" (Which I might add is a VERY good one) "Hot Rod Lincoln" (You have to be an IDIOT for labeling that one a beach boys tune) and I actually saw some poor smuck who said "The Last Kiss" was by the Beach Boys....UGH!

Any of the above mentioned songs make me put my foot down....but the one that just sends chills down my spin and makes me really run balls to the walls is "Drag City" by Jan and Dean.

Just my 2 cents.

And so you know....
Little Cobra = The Rip Cords
Hot Rod Race = Numerous artists, I like Arki Shibley's the best.
Hot Rod Lincoln = NUMEROUS artists, but the most popular is Commander Cody & his Lost Planet Airmen
The Last Kiss = J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers

-TBK
www.tbkhomeworld.com
www.fiberfabavenger.com

Re: Favorite car song.

same here, someone put that the little old lady from pasadena was a beach boys song (im 21 and have loved that song from when i was like 12)

Theee....Of...The...... Favorite car song?

Ted Nuget - StrangleHold

Theee Total Biz for a road tune, or any other occasion for that matter....

Song

My cruisin song has to be Rob D-Clubbed to Death. It's number 4 on the matrix soundtrack. It's awesome for cruisin late at night with no one on the road just becoming one with the SC (not humping the gas tank or anything, but you know what I mean.)

Back