Thread: 93 Supercoupe ShortBlock Rebuild Questions

93 Supercoupe ShortBlock Rebuild Questions

Hey guys, I have a nitrous'd 97 3.8 Mustang and am building a new motor for it.

I will be using a 93 supercoupe shortblock w/ Ross Forged Pistons, 93-95 SC Rods. Here are my questions.

1. What size main bearings, rod bearings, and cam bearings do i need? Any brand recommendations? What place sells them cheapest?

2. What rod bolts should I use for the 93-95 rods?

3. Any recommendations for main studs?

4. I need to use a 93 balancer and crank pulley. Do they make UD crank pulley's for SC's?

5. Do I need rod bushings for the 93-95 rods?

That is all I can think of for now. Any links or part #'s to the parts mentioned above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Zach
    Last edited by v6stanger; 01-18-2003 at 01:04 AM.

Re: 93 Supercoupe ShortBlock Rebuild Questions

Originally posted by v6stanger
    Hey guys, I have a nitrous'd 97 3.8 Mustang and am building a new motor for it.

I will be using a 93 supercoupe shortblock w/ Ross Forged Pistons, 93-95 SC Rods. Here are my questions.

1. What size main bearings, rod bearings, and cam bearings do i need? Any brand recommendations? What place sells them cheapest?

2. What rod bolts should I use for the 93-95 rods?

3. Any recommendations for main studs?

4. I need to use a 93 balancer and crank pulley. Do they make UD crank pulley's for SC's?

5. Do I need rod bushings for the 93-95 rods?

That is all I can think of for now. Any links or part #'s to the parts mentioned above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Zach

1.any 89-95 bearings will work

2. ARP rod bolts (they are similar to 2.3L bolts I believe), or ask ARP who carries the V6 packaged rods(ARP doesnt sell them direct for the SC)

3.ARP

4.yes, but its setup for the SC accessories(ASP makes it)

5. 89-93 rods are the same as the regular 3.8 rods I believe, 94/95 are free floating and weigh slightly more(stronger), you need the small end rod bushings if they are worn out

6. try SCCOA "Links" for links