Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: If Ford never made a SC, which would you drive?

Thumbs up other dream car

A 1966 GTO. Like SC this car has absolutely gorgeous lines and ferocious power!

Cadillac STS or Pontiac Grand Prix. The main reason I didn't buy the GP and bought the SC was the GP didn't offer a manual tranny, other than that it was a close tie.

Well, limited to cars Ive actually driven or ridden in I would say a Cobra, but since that is WAY out of my price range I would have to say a GTP 97-whenever they recently changed them. I always liked those cars, of course I like my SC much better. I really wish ford would have kept making the!

HEY STILL CRUSIN- You talking about the GP with the 3.4 or the 3.8, I just noticed you are the original owner of your SC (lucky). I didnt think those 3.4 GP's compared to well with our SC's (at least my uncles does not)-- just curious
    Last edited by brandonhgt; 06-02-2005 at 11:50 PM.

The question is, how many of us would be driving the SC if it was front wheel drive, like the GTP?

Quote Originally Posted by brandonhgt
    HEY STILL CRUSIN- You talking about the GP with the 3.4 or the 3.8, I just noticed you are the original owner of your SC (lucky). I didnt think those 3.4 GP's compared to well with our SC's (at least my uncles does not)-- just curious
    I don't really remember. I wasn't a car nut when I bought the SC, so I didn't pay as close attention to some details(i.e. if engine was a 3.4 or 3.8L ).
    I didn't realize the Grand Prix's even came with a 3.4L. I believe Pontiac was offering the 3.8L in 94, but am not sure. When I bought the SC, I wanted a classy car with a V-6 and manual tranny. Finding a V-6 with a manual tranny seemed hard to find in 94. I test drove a Camaro, Firebird and a Camry. While I liked the power of the Camaro and Firebird, you sit too low in them and I felt they were not easy to see out of, plus too many people had them. The Camry was nice, but expensive and while smooth, didn't really excite me too much. It doesn't really matter all that much to me whether a car is RWD or FWD. My only experience with a FWD car was when my dad used to own a early to mid-80's Pontiac and I remember the front end was heavier and it seemed to be harder on the front brakes. I mostly liked the body style of the GP. If they had offered the manual tranny with it, I'm not really sure which I would've bought, seems the GP was a tad cheaper and I don't think it was sc'd either. I also had little clue about sc'd or turboed cars. When I test drove the SC the first time, had big smile on my face and KNEW it was the car I wanted. It had the power, loved the manual tranny and sleek, classy look and I loved how the interior was laid out, it fit like a glove. I never even bothered to test drive the GP since it came with auto only. I was barely able to afford the SC though. Funny thing is, I make more now then I did then, but there's no way I'd be able to afford that car if it was new now. I was single then, married with kids now.
    In the end, I definitely made the right decision and still enjoy the car 11 yrs later. It is the only vehicle I bought or probably will ever buy brand new.
    I didn't fully realize how unique a car I had until I discovered this web site. I'm so grateful this site/club was created. It has been/continue to be of tremendous value.
    Last edited by Still Crusin; 06-03-2005 at 10:37 AM.

Exclamation No SC?

The whole world would be different. Ford inspired GM to use Eatons! SC's are the junkyard cars of choice for V6ers to pillage motors from and get thier hands on parts cheap enough to experiment.
    But... Testarosa's can be had for about 40k now and the down time on a daily driven Italian would be similar.
    Better yet, make mine german. I'll take a used BMW 860CSI. A man should own a V12 once in his life.

Chuck

My 77 F100 with a six. Zippo for horses. LOTS o' twist. Torque is addictive.

But there is a lot to be said for all SHO 5 speeds.

xThunderbirdSCx Guest
    Sadly, i would have picked up an early Rx7 or acura integra.

Blue '03 Marauder

Blue '03 Marauder