If Ford never made a SC, which would you drive?

Re: If Ford never made a SC, which would you drive?

I would want a camaro... just because i dont like mustangs... impala's are too big, and i would never make the sin of deverting to rice...

Buick gnx

Other choice...

Getting so fed up with fixing my SC, the only other car I am interested in...and thinking seriously about it...would be an Impala SS....yes...big...but I have 3 kids and a wife to consider also - Dave

Re: Other choice...

I've always thought that if I was going to customize a vehicle, it would be a Chevelle SS.

Once I've maxed out the T-bird (not for quite some time I'm sure) then a Chevelle SS (69/70) will be my next fun time.

Hey, and those are the wheels I want on my T-bird!! Yep, I think custom axles and suspension are going to be necessary.

benschevelle.jpg

Before I bought my SC I had this '48 Mercury Coupe.
www.alistauto.com/buynsel...c_left.jpg

If I didn't buy my SC, I'd still own it!!! I guess it falls into the "Some other Domestic Car" catagory!

Nissan 300zx tt- black 5 spd.

I'd devert to rice.. but read before you flame!

I'd go out and buy myself a 1990 or so Miata. It's one hell of a great handling car and leaves no room for friends to "bum a ride".
Then I'd take that wimpy drive train out, and build a Monster Miata! :evil:

Engine: Ford 5.0 EFI. HO. Mustang V8 1986-1994 or any 289/302
Transmission: Borg-Warner/Tremec T-5, 5 Speed
Differential: Ford 7.5"IRS. 1990-96 Thunderbird or Cougar. Custom Hubs & axles. 3.27.1 gear ratio
Suspension Front & rear springs upgraded to allow for the weight difference. Front anti-roll bar upgraded.
Brakes Stock

Performance
0 - 60 Acceleration 4.8 Sec.
70 - 0 Braking 135 Feet
Skidpad .92 G's
Slolom 72 MPH
1/4 Mile 12.8 Sec.

www.monstermiata.com

Paul - Hell, if I had the cash, I'd still do it! :D

Re: I'd devert to rice.. but read before you flame!

I'd have me a 93 Stang Cobra (not a GT but a real cobra) with a R block, T trim, cartech upper, AFR heads.....

I'd have a 700hp street machine, but I could never afford that so if I didn't have my SC I'd probably drive a early 70's Datsun 240Z with a V8

Since I also have a 1996 Impala SS this one was easy. If you are not a person that sticks with just one make, then consider the Impala SS. They have a cult following kinda like the SC because of the limited production years.

ill stick to fords

if they didnt make a sc i would definetly buy mand SHO's because mine is fast as hell. and i think i would keep buying them. or i will buy a 2003 chevy s10 extreme. GFX kick ass

'87 Buick GN or T-Type. If I had about $30k, GNX. Might have been getting one now, but it isn't quite in the budget for a good one. Get more expensive all the time too--and stock is getting more and more rare.

Good question. Are there any more modern, rear drive, 2 door, manual trans, 5 passenger fast sports cars floating around for less than Beamers or other luxos? Ford appears to have made the only one ;)

Back