how much did you all pay for your cars.......

Just bought a 1995 SC auto for $500. Motor and tranny good, interior good-driver side body needs work.

Feels like the original owner did some work on the car-or it's a factory freak-will know more at the end of the week. :D

88TC, $4000 in '97. Black with Raven, 5speed, all options but leather.
93SC, $4000 in '02. White with grey leather, auto, sunroof.

1992 SC 5-speed black on black leather 100% stock, bought when I was 16 years old in July of 1998 from my friend for $3500. He had recently had the head gaskets replaced and then decided it was time to sell it. It had about 99k miles on it.

1990 SC AOD titanium on black leather 100% stock, bought in April of 2001 from another friend of mine I went to high school with. I was 18 at the time. I paid $3000 for the car, it had a recent transmission, water pump, and ball joints replacement. Mileage was at 161k and the trunk lid had a dent from him backing into his brothers truck. I put a new trunk lid on it and tinted the windows, blew head gaskets at 182k. I did the job myself and cleaned and replaced everything I took off the car. It runs like a raped ape now, and has 192k miles on it.

1990 SC AOD titanium on black cloth, bought it from a friend of mine back in February for $100.00 thats right $100 bucks. We did the head gaskets ourselves and then the balancer broke off and we put a new balancer on it but it slid off. The crank is worn at the end. So he lost interest. I towed it to my house, I'm gonna pull the engine out and put in a new rotating assembly (stroker) and put it in one of my other SC's. I bought a 460 big block to swap into this SC and am looking for a deal on a good C6 trans to pick up for this car. This car is going to be getting a cage, mustang hubs, weld drag lites or pro-stars w/ E/T streets in the back and front runners. It will keep the SC body, fiberglass hood and trunk lid, maybe doors also, racing seats w/ harnesses, rear seat removed and I'm going to build a bad *** motor. 460 block, stock crank and rods for now, bored .060" flat top pistons 10:1 compression, ported stock heads w/ larger valves (performer RPM's sooner or later), new valve springs, big cam, new pushrods and lifters, Performer RPM manifold, 750 CFM Performer carb, 16 gallon fuel cell, 200 hp shot of nitrous, ported exhaust manifolds, no cats, h-pipe, 2.5" true duals w/ 40 series flowmasters out back, 4.10 gears, B&M shift kit, B&M mega shifter, try to fit 90/10 stang shocks up front, lower it a bit, want to keep it street legal (turn signals, head lights, insure it as a V6 SC and keep a plate on it, drive to shows and track) looking for mid 11's on motor and mid to high 10's w/ the nitrous. Eventually it will get the aluminum heads, custom headers, maybe an 8-71 blower, or higher compression and possibly a 514 stroker crank.

I'm 21 now and have been into SC's since I have been about 14 years old and saw a 35th SC racing a Z28 when I was out riding my bike one day. The SC won and I knew it wasn't a regular tbird, so I did some research and fell in love with the cars. I've had a few other cars but over the time only have held onto my SC's.

If I buy another car it'll be an 87 Grand National or a blacked out t-type.

Last edited:
Paid $1650 for my '90 5-spd, needed a clutch and basic TLC, and I paid 1500 for my 35th anny, which needs quite a bit more :D just replaced master cyl and harm balancer on it, moving to valve cover gaskets next. But all in all for what i gave for it I'm happy :D

P3210035.jpg

800$, 1989, 5 speed, 100xxx miles on it. Had a new coat of paint, The tranny requires duoble clutching so it does not grind, I am thinking all orig plugs n wires, came no cats/resonator, very nice body, very nice interior.

Oh, and the tires are shot, this is going to be an expensive car to maintain :(

$400 for 2... one had a rusted body and was a 3.8 LX with premium sound and the prefered equip. package, the other was a basemodel with a reasonable body and a 3.8 that knocked louder than I've ever head before (engine AND balljoints). Drove them both home across the city with no insurance. :*)

Back iin '94, I'm in college hanging out one day. Phone rings, it's my father. He asks how much money I have. I say $1800. He says come pickup the Cougar. Used my $1800 for downpayment on a Mountaineer.

Being 21, in college, with that car was so nice :)

He'd ordered it new at $18,700, but I seem to remember him having to wait a long time to get it. Something about engine and tranny problems. Either way, we took a test drive when it arrived and you could see how much it brought him back to his old high school days and fast cars. That sealed the deal right there, and I've still got the beast today.

She'll be 15 come Sept. 8 :)

$1000

$1000 in '98 when I was 15. It was wrecked in the drivers side front (hit a tree come to find out). drove straight but ran rough so I put $35 for a new intercooler tube nut from the top of the blower and drove it around. Now only around $9000 dollars and 6 years later I have a white SC with white leather and chrome rims and a second engine (Feb '04).

I got mine for $3000 from a small lot here. I couldn't believe that I was seeing the price right. I went in and talked to the guy and walked out with the keys in my hand. :D

whats it worth

bought a puff 90 sc a few years ago. Wanted to show it, but don't have the time or space, since I've moved. Only has 14,000 miles, all original except I changed the AC to the new type. Any suggestions where to find out what its worth, and where to sell it.

I've got a 92 had 118000 miles on it when I got it about a year ago. Hmm well I paid a 1987 cadillac brougham with 89k for my sc. So what ever that amounts to in dollars. Traded with an old man who worked at the shop where I had my caddy inspected to sell it.
bothcars.jpg

I bought mine Feb. 2001 for $2500. In Nov.2003 My neighbor let my cousin ride his bike; 130 mph and an air-lift later the bike ended up in my front fender and my cousin ended up in I.C.U.. Insurance give me $2200 for the repairs. Now the weird part is that I bought the car from the same neighbor that the bike belonged to. So I guess I paid $300(plus a new fender and paint) for a loaded '90 SC 5-speed.

I've got a 92 had 118000 miles on it when I got it about a year ago. Hmm well I paid a 1987 cadillac brougham with 89k for my sc. So what ever that amounts to in dollars. Traded with an old man who worked at the shop where I had my caddy inspected to sell it.

call me silly , but i really like those style caddies. you have good taste in cars sir! :cool:

well, I had a refund from college - got more scholarships than I expected, and still took out loans. ended up with $1500 - parents talked dealer down to $1300, but they gave me a refund check for not being able to cover plates. so after all that, about $1239. however, after being out of college for six months, that's going to start collecting interest. either way, not too shabby.

1700 for a 95, no probs, have a friend who's a dealer. found it at auction. grey 1/2 and 1/2 moonroof, basically loaded minus phone and leather. awesome deal, its sportin a 5-speed now :)

I paid 1,000 dollars for the car in the picture below. When I bought it, it had some engine trouble and was just really dirty. But I cleaned it up and fixed it up nice with 4,000 in mods.

'90 Anny. 5-spd = $4,250 in 2001 @60,000mi. = James (Brother)

'90 White Auto = $2,999 in 2004 @230,000mi. = Linda (Wife)

'93 Blue 5-spd = $3,250 in 2004 @140,000mi. = ME!

Headgaskets, Headgaskets, Headgaskets!!!!!!!

MikeKanterakis said:
'90 Anny. 5-spd = $4,250 in 2001 @60,000mi. = James (Brother)

'90 White Auto = $2,999 in 2004 @230,000mi. = Linda (Wife)

'93 Blue 5-spd = $3,250 in 2004 @140,000mi. = ME!

Headgaskets, Headgaskets, Headgaskets!!!!!!!
89 5 Speed the body is a little hit but the motor was rebuilt 60,00 miles ago so was the charger ported and polished heads,70mm mas air and Throttle body.Headers cat back, and 10 % over drive pully. $1650

Back