help choosing paint

which paint combo do you like the best?

• stock anny theme, black with silver 2-tome, but adding blue pearl or blue metallics to the black

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • painting the whole thing black, and spraying silver and blue ghost flames

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters

devlin

I have a 90 anniversary. i am painting it this spring cause i work in a body shop, and i can do it myself for CHEAP. now i would like to keep the 35th theme. so i have a few ideas.

1. keep it looking stock with black and silver 2-tone, but add some blue pearl or metalics to the black.

2. paint the whole thing black and spray some silver and blue ghost flames.

im just looking for opinions on which of the 2 would look better.

Last edited:
my vote goes for keeping the stock look. The flames could look good but its easy to over-do things when it comes to paint and you dont want your car looking tacky. Of course many people have dont quite radical paint jobs to their SC's and it looks great. so i guess its just my opinion:rolleyes:

Ditto, Go stock on the paint scheme with some fleck or what you described. For what it's worth. Can you paint mine?

If done faint enough

I like the original setup, with a very faint ghost blue metalic flame. So faint you barely see it unless you look for it.

I think that, due to your situation and that you could re-do it if you don't like it, I'd try some very very faint flames. Like you only see them from the right angle.
I really like the Anniv. models, the only detail I don't like is the blue with the black & silver. Just doesn't "go" (IMHO only). I'd do the black/silver and maybe a very light burgundy/dark cherry flame that you could barely see, and leave off the blue stripe (or change it to a bold stripe of the flame's color). That would look cool and not too brash.

Back