to bra, or not to bra?

S

SCandelous95

to bra, or not to bra?

what it is the opinions of the look and physical aspects of putting a full front bra on your car. I think it accented the front end design and makes it look sporty. what do ya'll think.

Re: to bra, or not to bra?

i think it depends on the color of your SC if you want to put a bra on or not. and i prefer the small piece that goes on just the hood, and not the full bra.

I didnt vote cuz Im kinda in the middle. I have a half bra. It covers the front of the hood only.

In my opinion I havent seen a full face bra that fits nice and tight.

mybird.jpg

I got the lil shorty bra on mine.. I think it makes it look nice, as long as the bra is clean (no dirty undies).. Also, I got mine, and I think it is for the 94-97ish era of T-bird whichever of those have the slanted headlights, cuz It seems like I got a lil extra bra bunched up there at the corner of the headlights.

fords.jpg

hmmm i voted good.... i have a black car with a black bra... dumb? maybe....... but i like it

If you get one, you'd better like it for the life of the car, cuase a few years down the road, that paint under the bra isn't going to look the same as the rest. Just a thought.

My car don't have tits! What does it need a bra for?

LOL!!!!!

but i prefer the bra....

Your car may not have tits, but its gonna have zits if you don't get one! haha. Seriously, I don't realy much like the look of a bra, but I am feeling sorry for myself now with all the rock chips on the front of my car. And once the factory paint starts looking crappy and you have it repainted the repaint will chip off wtice as fast. Just my 2 bits.

Hi,
I have the Le Bra .. fits well but a bit loose near the bottom towards the wheel.. Fixed that with Binder clips .. Looks good and fits nice ..Winter is comming so it comes off soon.
Lee SCCoGNY

I think bra's are only good for long drive trips so that rocks don't knick the hood, what else are they good for? I like the look of bra's on some cars, but on the SC I like seeing the hood better.

:cool:

I didn't vote, either, because I believe there are just as many negatives with a Lebra as there are positives, regarding the paint.
I had a '89 Dodge Daytona once (actually, a nice car) and decided to get a Custom LeBra for it. It looked great and fit nicely around the infamous pop-up headlights and it did an admirable job of keeping the stone chips down. HOWEVER, as the warnings that came with the BRA said: "...COULD CLOUD PAINT" rang true for me. The car was a pretty red but definitely developed a haze in the front where the Bra was situated and this stuff was baked into the paint and needed professional help to remove it (yes, I waxed the car often).
So, in conclusion, unless you have a white car or remove the Bra after each trip, the sun can bake a sinister haze into the finish.
Is that better or worse than stone chips?

bra was needed

I bought a dark blue sc with 65k miles. The piant was great , but the front was all chipped up. I bought the ford mask for like $120. It looks good and hids all my nasty spot. However I do think that the car looks tuffer without bra or only half bra.

Re: bra was needed

Often I leave the bra on, they look better in it I think...

half is good

I have a Black 91 SC, and the Thunderbird emblem broke off from the previous owner hitting a dog or something like that... anyways because of that they bought a bra. i keep the top half on that covers part of the hood, and i put blackouts over my head lights... together, it looks real hard.

Re: half is good

Here is something you bra wears should do. Have someone drive in front of you when you are speeding (generally over 70mph). I use to have a 1/2 bra (just hood) on my '89 bird. I was driving from Austin to Corpus Christie. It's nothing but open roads. I laid on the Bird and drive 110 the entire way. Well, after 90mph, the 1/2 bra kept beating the holy crap outta the hood!!! it was as tight as I could make it too.....so that wasn't it! The air going across it makes the thing slap. You have to pay CAREFUL attention to it to see it....just sitting normally in the seats you won't even notice it, but sit WAY up in the seat and strain and you should be able to see it!

This is why I voted NO BRA!

cars n women

all the scs i've seen with bras have looked good, but my general thoughts are that hot cars are like hot women, they always look better with their bras off.
just my.02
-matt

Re: cars n women

i like the half bra...the hood bra.
but not the full bra...

let me tell you this though. IF youre going on a long road trip..USE THE BRA my bumper is all @#%$ up from a blowout tire that smashed into me on I-35. nothing i could do about it

And the hood bra covers up a nice dent in the nose of the hood some bastard made backing into me when i was gone and parked. i hate that!

Back