Should exhaust tip be hidden

D

DANKnDRANK

Should exhaust tip be hidden

One of my favorite parts about the SCs looks is the rear bumper (esp 89-93). From the rear view it gives the car a very clean and tuff look. I think that car looks best when the tips are tucked up under. What do you guys think?

Re: Should exhaust tip be hidden

i tried to buy chrome tips for my car but it just looked too wierd. the way they angle down and diagonally looked funky. I personally like a hint of a tip, mine are about half and inch below the bumper. i like to keep the sleeper look and then blow their doors off!

hidden tips!

That whole sleeper, wow! what was that, What is a thunderbird SC, that things fast, forget it, you can't beat him, holy sh_ _, I just love the fact that most people(except GTP owners) have no idea what a super coupe is. Very little advertising, and low production, makes this one of the most surprising street perfomers out there. I was going to get some "supercharged" emblems from the new Riviera's, and put them on my fenders, but Tom Champagne talked me out of it. Sleeper is best. Don't go for the chrome tips. You'll catch them napping 9 out of 10 times!

get it!

i like the sleeper look, but i have the supercharged emblem on the back left trunk lid. It looks soooo tight! im trying to talk you into it! gives em something to stare at when they are following you trying to catch up!

SCandelous95

You got an emblem on? I have been looking to put one of those on, is it a chrome one from another vehicle or just a sticker

I think that the stock exhaust sytem sucks and is too small..........the tips need to be straight out and have the shape of the ones on a saleen mustang.....borla tips.........i agree that they look stupid when peeps put those cheap "chrome" wanna be tips on SC and they point down......but i also dont like the sound of a six cylinder with loud exhaust...but o well

Where is the oval stainless tip option??????

P0001109s.jpg

Re: Where is the oval stainless tip option??????

I think I kinda killed the sleeper routine with my 5" slash-chrome tips, even partially exposed. The sound is hella awesome, though.

Tbird guys are lucky; they have that lower bumper molding than what
I have on my XR7. There's really no way to hide exhaust unless I get a
ground effects kit.

at first i said that i want them hidden and now that i have 3' brullen tips sticking about 1/2 inch out i love it, and they dont point down, i sucked up the courage and took a hacksaw to my skirt to get them sticking out

Back