So. Cal Only/The Race Rules for the Bakersfield Meet in March

RonzSC

What are the rules that you feel should be operative for the racing part of our Bakersfield meet?

Last time we meet we ended up racing each other (and had a ball) and there was no real set-up or tournament points like the NHRA meets. So did we want to have more of a Team approach or was the way we did it last year good enough?

Post your input so we may negotiate with the Northern Crew.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I figure "Grudge Match" rules. By now, a few of us know who we want to race and have called them out. After the first run, we can all figure out if there is someone in our time and mph class that we'd rather race against if we beat or got beaten by a significant ammount of time and there is someone better matched. After we run a few times against people we could either keep going for the sake of our et and mph records or keep choosing other people to race against.

Al

Alex, your arse is mine. Ron, set me up with a race with Alex. Even though he may kick my ::cough::, i still want to be proven the slowest 35th on the west coast, i want my title to be known. :D enough of my BS, i want a race with alex, and anyone else, who challenges my title of "SCCoC's Slowest".

You don't stand a chance Matt !!! .. I am gonna be the slowest SC in CA... Your SC VS.. My LX !!!! :cool: MAKE THE SLOWEST CAR WIN !!!!

Stand in line behind the rest that want a piece of El 35 :cool: I'm shooting for a 14.8 (crosses fingers). I just really want to be out of the 15's already.

Al

Yep 36's with the c&l 76 maf. Trying to give this thing some lungs and a good ammount of fuel so I can run it at full timing instead of 10º retarded (without the octane plug).

Al

what is this about the octane plug ? is this a sensor that tells the computer to retard timing or something like it ?

I'm not too sure what the idea behind it is. But I do know that by pulling it out, the computer retards timing by ~10º and lets you run on 89 gas. I've never done that and dont plan to, but it helped me to not detonate and that is how I use it. On the dyno, I put it in and it detonated like crazy, so on my first run, it couldnt read my squiggleys. On the second and third run, I pulled it out again and thats when I ran the 195 hp. Thats how I know the cars got way more than that. We'll see how I do at full traction, good fuel, full timing, iced down and with better lungz :)

Al

Sounds like a plan

Al, that sounds pretty cool!
Now wait a minute you guys....Do we need a special bracket for the "Slowest" competition? Matt, I think you have first claim to running Al, but somewhere we need to think about running the Northern crew.
Here is the pecking order for the Southern Chapter according to the offical runs to date;
John Shelton,
Coast to Coast SC (Anthony)
35th SC (Mike),
Al35thSC,
Nikki (running RonzSC---although she whipped Al)

The rest of you will need to post a time at Fontana to fill-in the blanks or get in front of some folks. After Fontana, I know Nikki will drop as RonzSC (El N) will probably still be in the shop with the "Hood" project and will not be able to post his new time in the 14's.
I will save it for Bakersfield and obviously be bumped to the bottom of the list and thereby still be the "Slowest".

Ron, Thanks for letting me pick Al off first =) That way you dont have to embarrass him again :D Anyways, i need everyone's input on this:

Would anyone be offended if i made a sarcastic "slowest SC, in southern california" certificate, to be presented to the person with the slowest ET?, As well as the fastest person of the day... Which i think we all know who that will be, ::cough:: john. Just a thought, i could care less either way, it was just an idea. i wont be hurt if anyone tells me this is a horrible idea, and i should be shot for thinking such a thing.

All,
I should be last on the list because my Ti SC ran the slowest actual time on a 1/4 mile track, but that was 2 years ago. 16.00, how pathetic!!!

Mike

Ya know, I was about to say the same thing. How the hell did I stay behind Mike? Although his car can bascially kick mines *** and then some, to date, my time is faster :) Also, a foul start doesnt count as a whoopin, she would have whooped me if that rust bucket had more go in it ;)

Matt, I made something like that for the last Bakersfield meet except they were called Cow Pie, baby Cow Pie and Buffalo Pie, for fastest, second fastest and neither quick nor fast, respectively. Everyone got a kick out of them so if you want to make them this year, GO FOR IT!

Al

Sounds Good

After our next meet many things will be settled, but only if everyone races.
Al, what the probability that you will race? Mike, will you be racing the Titanium SC? I am hoping to get my hood back by the end of next week and I should be out of the shop by the time of the meet.
So let's line up and do some racing guys.

If Paul (BTM) has sent my injectors and I can get a slot open at Mike's Speed Shop then I'll race. If not then I wont, no sense in running retarded :)

Al

Back