When do you drive your SC?

Billabong089

Do you drive in the winter and summer or just the summer?

Me, this is my only car so its an all season car, I try to get a car wash a lot so the salt doesn't stay on the car for that long.

When do you drive your SC

When the snow and ice all go away, and and the bear birds come out to play.Late at night to the break of day When the bear birds sleep, the SC's play.

With 165 K miles on it, I'm not going to be beating on it. Just keep it from carboning up. It's a 90 SC in Arrest me Red, not one that's invisible, so I maintain a low profile, and avoid the conflict with the bear birds, if possible.

It's now has an overdrive on the super charger, should make 15 pounds, haven't tried it yet, the weather closed in, but better weather is comming. I'll let you know how it works. But first things first. And first thing to happen when the weather breaks is install a new Jensen reciever/CD player. The Ford unit is in poor health, I think it has pneumonia, or a severe chest cold, it breaks up heavy, and quits. I'll send the original to a Dr. of radio medicine. If nothing else, a sledgamatic.

I like the look of a lowered SC with 17inch wheels. To me it looks better than most of the megadollar machines out there, and there never was a good looking 'vette.

And this car needs the 13 inch brakes to haul it down from 120 where I liike to drive, these stock draggers don't do what I expect it to do.

That's my opinion,

Daily , but when it's 116 out here I feel sorry for it, and black leather seats just peel away from the skin so nice......

summer

i only drive my nice scs' in the summer months. my 90 blk has had about 100 miles put on it since nov 01, about 52k and my 35th hasn't been driven in years, 50k. but my 92 sc is the only car i can drive my truck is stuck in the drive way and my 92 pulled it self off a hill and threw 6 in of snow, 163k.

I sport my SC daily. I also live in the South so I don't worry too much about snow. I have heard these cars are led sleds on slick roads.

I only drive my 90 white SC when its nice out, if i get wind of rain I park it. I like the way it runs when it's a tad bit chilly out. But when I park it I miss it, then im stuck with an 88 turbocoupe. but hey I guess I should be happy after all it is a T-Bird! lol . Woops i accidently put this reply on the midlife crisis thread. Oh well hopefully they wont care

lead sled

i was driving though utah when it was snowing in my 91 sc. 30 was my top speed and it was a slow fish-tail for about 45 miles. in the end i got stuck in utah.....scary.........stuck in utah.

MY SC

Mine is like the sun shine , when its nice out the SC comes out to play . DW 90 SC 340HP 5-speed

my sc is a semi daily driver (being in college i can kind of choose when i need to drive it) i might daily drive it over the summer but once winter hits and ill be working and driving, im getting a beater.

every freaking day

every chance i get im in so cal so my winter days are like spring in east so cals idea of a rough winter is partly cloudy. and we cant get a even tan,

temps range from two days a yr 40s to most summer 104-
80s at the beach so we in so cal drive all the time. we cant ,
see the mountains that are two miles from my house "smog"
but we have nice weather!

Every flipping day! 300-500 miles a day, 238K miles :mad:

Actually it wouldn't be so bad except for the worn out brakes, suspension, seat, radio, paint,....

On the positive side the engine/trans feels like its ready for another 100K miles.

Well in WA. State...

If you wait for the roads to dry you will never get to drive your car...Both of mine are daily used cars...

I would like to reply specifically to the "Lead Sled" comment...

The SC is no front wheel drive for sure "Thank GOD" but having had both front and rear wheel driven cars in heavy snow areas I can put the SC close to the top for winter driving...Then again I am not using the bull chit all wheather tires...I am using full studded and siped heavy lugged snow tires and have a set of chains that fit perfect for severe conditions, and the floor jack in the trunk helps add weight to the rear tires as well...The SC is a battle Wagon in the snow, and has never once made me feel uncomfortable...It mostly comes down to.."Are You Prepared?" & "Can You Drive Worth Chit?" In the snow & ice...:D

Brad

Last edited:
if driven in salt I would try to find those car washes that pressure was the underbody, or leave the sprinkler on and hope the ground doesnt freeze.:p

They rust inside the rockers(can only be flushed thru rear speaker opening):rolleyes:, and around the rear wheels(spray water inside wheel well seams). Best bet is get the underbody oil sprayed before winter and get inner panels sprayed also

Can You say....

Zeibart???

A treatment well known back east...This is what I use...So far no sign of the nasty chit...."The Speaker wells???" Let her rust then...

Brad

ThunderTank

Yeah they do rust at the bottom of the rear wheel wells. Do yourself a favor and get the whole thing undercoated.

If I had another SC I'd drive it every day jus like the other one. I currently own a 94 LX and it is great in foul weather. Ive even pulled my buddy's F150 out of the snow with it. She really is a 4100lb tank. Thats why everyone calls my bird the "ThunderTank". She's well maintained and runs great for 115k on the clock.

Back