ZR Motorsport Intake... FEEDBACK

Re: Pricing?

Do we have any special pricing for SCCoA members or is what we see on the web what we get?

Fitment

I actually had a problem with the tube being about an inch to long. I had to cut it and then it worked fine. My only other problem is i'm using an 80mm L-maf and i kina fabricated the connectors for now as the provided would barely fit the 70mm maf. Other than that, i totally love the sound and power increases.

ChRis

Re: intake

I've been driving on it for well over a year.. through some really rainy seasons.. and have absolutely no trouble.. even some where I submarined it and the thought crossed through my head, but no problems at all.

I'm sure they do that just as a disclaimer, which EVERY part manufacturer does.. list it as "off-road" use.

The filter location is well housed within the fender, but it is more accessible than the stock location, but that adds to pulling colder air.

Common sense prevails in any situation, drive smart, and you should have no problems.

The filter sits right behind the foglight....

so it's pretty well protected from an oncoming splash of water. BUT---I have removed both foglights and as a result, the air has a straight shot back to the filter....and I assume water does too. But I don't drive in rain and don't know how any right minded SC owner can allow their car to bask in anything other than sunlight. Just an FYI though....ditch the worthless foglights and heavy ass brackets and you shag 10lbs of weight and maybe add a couple HP.

Micah

Are you crazy?!

I guess that hopping blue car proves it. :)

But really, I drive my bird all through winter (vermont) and it out performs any car i've had before, maybe i'm a better driver now (ha ha ha).

Time?

John,
What are you looking at right now for shipping times? I'm wanting to order one here in the next month or so and am just wondering how far in advance I need to order to have it in time.

Just wondering before i make the purchase i already have the k&n system but that intake noise that im looking for isnt there. Does the zr intake have a loud intake noise and also am i able to take the 9"cone off the k&n kit and use it on the zr kit?

Thanks
Justin

Yes, this will give you the intake noise you are looking for, and yes.. you can buy the "filter-less" kit from ZR and use the K&N 9" filter.

They went with using the Autophysics filters because they flow better than K&N. A 7" AutoPhysics filter will outflow a K&N 9".

Obviously putting a 9" filter in the fenderwell will be just a touch more tricky than the 7", but I have seen a 9" installed with a ZR, and you should have no real trouble at all.

Re: ZR Motorsport Intake... FEEDBACK

micah,

i had the same problem at first. took me a couple of days to finally put it in a position where i:

1) couldn't pull it out with my bare hands anymore
2) didnt' have to worry about it popping out on its own anymore.

-edwin
www.edwinrivera.com/scoundrel

ZR intake

I would like to get the intake from ZR but a buddy of mine out here in the Netherlands had some less positive experience with them. He ordered the intake tube but it took for ages to come and has not arrived untill today (and won't because he canceled the order) they were very easy in informing him about the situation on his order (this is not ment positive!) I don't know how the experience with their way of working in the states is but out here it seems to be a bit difficult. This doesn't mean the intake tube is a less desireable item, need to have it soon.

Dutch Bird

Hey Dutch bird

I'm in Germany. I haven’t had a problem yet ordering any thing from the states. I have my ZR intake on order. And received an e-mail saying that it won't come until the end of this month.
P.S. There's no driving like autobahn driving.

Ordered mine..

just ordered my intake last Thursday (today is November 1st) and he said that the intake will be to me in 3 weeks maximum...so that isn't that bad...now we'll see if it comes then or not...

Matt (SC youngin)

Back