Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many SC owners had a 3.8 NA LX First?

93 Mark VIII Guest

How many SC owners had a 3.8 NA LX First?

Okay, how many people started off with the 145HP LX before they bought their first SC?

89BlownBrd Guest

Re: How many SC owners had a 3.8 NA LX First?

Wow, I feel special. I've had all three. I started with a 90 base, then traded that (along with $8000) for a 94 Mark VIII, then after an unfortunate incident involving a wet road, bald tires, a light pole, my front right fender and about 30 mph, I got my 89 SC.

pdennis93 Guest

i had a 1991 cougar LS and after 2 unfortunate accidents with a blown headgasket, and 2 real accidents, i trade it in on my 93 SC (btw the cougar got a new motor after the first hg blow, then 2 $1800 wrecks...another story alltogether, and then engine no.2 blew an HG, the warrenty fixed it, i traded it in...got a whopping grand for the car with 128k miles on it)

93 Mark VIII Guest

well my SC is for sale now. Untill it's sold, there's a 91 Mark VIII, 91 Sport, and a 91 Super Coupe sitting in my driveway. I sold a totally sweet 93LX 3.8 with ground effects and 17" wheels about a year ago to get the sport. so the only MN12 power plants I haven't owned is the 4.6 SOHC. I've owned every transmission =) And seeing what the guys in TX are doing with those 4.6 SOHC's N/A I'd gladly trade my 302 sport for one.

somthing about these cars, I just can't resist =)

Brian

pdennis93 Guest

91 mark 8? you mean mk 7 or is it a 94 mk 8? just curious

93 Mark VIII Guest

duh, it's a 93 mark 8. sorry 'bout that.

NY Supercat Guest

I had an '86 3.8 V6 Cougar.
    Now I have:
    1987 5.0 V8 Cougar
    1990 SuperCharged XR7
    Life is ALL good LOL

imbonked Guest

Actually, my first Bird was an 87 Turbo Coupe.

The love just hasn't died since.

CSbsbSC Guest

n/m

(This message was left blank)

CSbsbSC Guest

Re: n/m

(This message was left blank)

desertzany Guest

I'v yet to own a sc

I drive my dad;s 90' base v6 tbird... its not fast, but i figure it'll last me till I can get a super coupe... I am hoping to get a 89-91 manual black, red, or white....

Dean Shirley Guest

Re: I'v yet to own a sc

Still have both...

red91sc Guest

Re: I'v yet to own a sc

You kind of forgot the 4 banger turbos.But I did start of with the 3.8na (still have but needs new crank)then went to turbo then to SC and wont go to anything else

Lx vs SC

I had a standard bird in 91, an LX in 94 that I wound up turning in for a 94 SC as financially timing became right. After getting SC I realized I'd never go back to any other bird.

Count me in.....started witha 91 base and thought it was awesome, but it is a rust bucket with suspension issues. I bought my SC off of E-Bay completely by mistake. I thought it said that the action ended in 6 days, but it was actually 6 hours. I was the only person to bid on it. Got it for $450, but it was located in New Hampshire, I live in Baltimore,it had blown HG's and little did I know (or was told) it also had tranny issues. But it only has 2 spots of rust, can you guess where? The guy I bought the car from included the Fel-Pro upper gasket set, and 2 milled/decked heads. But all bitchin aside I love the car, and it is gunna see some more mods real soon.......just got a home equity line of credit