How many SC owners had a 3.8 NA LX First?

93 Mark VIII

How many SC owners had a 3.8 NA LX First?

Okay, how many people started off with the 145HP LX before they bought their first SC?

Re: How many SC owners had a 3.8 NA LX First?

Wow, I feel special. I've had all three. I started with a 90 base, then traded that (along with $8000) for a 94 Mark VIII, then after an unfortunate incident involving a wet road, bald tires, a light pole, my front right fender and about 30 mph, I got my 89 SC.

i had a 1991 cougar LS and after 2 unfortunate accidents with a blown headgasket, and 2 real accidents, i trade it in on my 93 SC (btw the cougar got a new motor after the first hg blow, then 2 $1800 wrecks...another story alltogether, and then engine no.2 blew an HG, the warrenty fixed it, i traded it in...got a whopping grand for the car with 128k miles on it)

well my SC is for sale now. Untill it's sold, there's a 91 Mark VIII, 91 Sport, and a 91 Super Coupe sitting in my driveway. I sold a totally sweet 93LX 3.8 with ground effects and 17" wheels about a year ago to get the sport. so the only MN12 power plants I haven't owned is the 4.6 SOHC. I've owned every transmission =) And seeing what the guys in TX are doing with those 4.6 SOHC's N/A I'd gladly trade my 302 sport for one.

somthing about these cars, I just can't resist =)

Brian

91 mark 8? you mean mk 7 or is it a 94 mk 8? just curious

duh, it's a 93 mark 8. sorry 'bout that.

I had an '86 3.8 V6 Cougar.
Now I have:
1987 5.0 V8 Cougar
1990 SuperCharged XR7
Life is ALL good LOL

Actually, my first Bird was an 87 Turbo Coupe.

The love just hasn't died since.

I'v yet to own a sc

I drive my dad;s 90' base v6 tbird... its not fast, but i figure it'll last me till I can get a super coupe... I am hoping to get a 89-91 manual black, red, or white....

Re: I'v yet to own a sc

You kind of forgot the 4 banger turbos.But I did start of with the 3.8na (still have but needs new crank)then went to turbo then to SC and wont go to anything else

Lx vs SC

I had a standard bird in 91, an LX in 94 that I wound up turning in for a 94 SC as financially timing became right. After getting SC I realized I'd never go back to any other bird.

Count me in.....started witha 91 base and thought it was awesome, but it is a rust bucket with suspension issues. I bought my SC off of E-Bay completely by mistake. I thought it said that the action ended in 6 days, but it was actually 6 hours. I was the only person to bid on it. Got it for $450, but it was located in New Hampshire, I live in Baltimore,it had blown HG's and little did I know (or was told) it also had tranny issues. But it only has 2 spots of rust, can you guess where? The guy I bought the car from included the Fel-Pro upper gasket set, and 2 milled/decked heads. But all bitchin aside I love the car, and it is gunna see some more mods real soon.......just got a home equity line of credit :D :D :D

My first car was a '92 LX, 3.8 with a grand total of 36800 miles on it in '96. At the time I had no clue what a SC was. I drove that car for nearly 7 years until the HG started to go. I did the poor man fix (stop leak) and proptly traded it in (with 154000 miles on it) on a local '89 SC with 83xxx miles, but lots of rust. That is now my parts car for my '92 SC that I got with 72xxx on the odometer (and no rust).

It's amazing how these threads can come back to life after so much time...

Back