1994-1995 spare tire poll

A

Andy 94Sc

1994-1995 spare tire poll

What type of spare wheel do you have from the factory. I have a black stamped steel wheel - nothing fancy. I have seen another '94 SC with a cast aluminum spare??

Re: 1994-1995 spare tire poll

Could it have been my 94 SC???????? Well my car has this nice alluminium spare tire. It actually was in my 90 SC when I bought that car and when I sold it I put a black stamped steel spare in it and put the alluminium spare into my 94 SC. I don't know where it originally came from but I liked it and wanted to keep it.

James, I don't think it was yours. But oddly enough it was a moonlight blue 1994 SC from your area, Mr. Shockley's.

Now this is bugging me, why did some SC's get the aluminum one? Was that an option? I thought after seeing the one that maybe it was a mid year switch and only the newest cars got them, but you say yours came out of a 1990? My '89 has steel, my '94 has steel?

Re: spare tire poll

My '94 has the stamped steel. What does the alluminum look like? I have never seen one.

my '94 SC has the stamped black steel spare.

you might've seen the aluminum spare because that owner bought an extra one so his SC wouldn't look stupid with a crappy looking steel donut when he changes his tire after his tire blows. just a thought...

whatever you have it better be the same size as your stock wheel, cause if you put diferent size tires on the back of the car you'll wreck your trac lock rear end

It wasn't a full size spare, it was an aluminum one that was only 4" wide or so. I didn't get a good enough look to describe what it would look like once installed.

I have the aluminum one in my 92, if my 90 has it when I get it, I could put the two spares on the front of one of my cars to give it the SKINNY look up front for the track, but the tire says not to exceed 50mph with it. I will take a pic of the spare soon.

gerbil coupe

mine came with a 10 year old hamster in a steel ball with holes cut out so he could breath. Man, that little bastards got some torque in em around 3,000 rpms! but you have to be carefull not to go too fast or his legs will come out from underneath him and wrap around his neck and strangle himself.

Im thinking of upgrading to a ferret.

mmm...donuts!!!! (ala Homer Simpson)

94 (1/94)LX: Black steel
94 (12/93)SC: Aluminum
91 (10/90)SC: Black Steel

Re: mmm...donuts!!!! (ala Homer Simpson)

SpareW.jpg

Re: mmm...donuts!!!! (ala Homer Simpson)

1990-Aluminum. Just added it to the vote.

Back