Front mount Intercooler on SC??

needaSC

is there such thing as putting a larger front mount intercooler on an sc, such as being right behind the front bumper for fresh air? would it be worth it?

thanks
walter

Someones going to hate me today with my Two cents!

Well if you plan on looking into a front mount..Here are things to consider...For optimal cooling performance the IC should be placed in front of the AC condensor..However this will interfere with your AC performance...So you can then place it behind the AC condenser...Which will limit IC performence. Also...Regardless of where you put it..Cooling of the car on a hot day will be compramised....So therfore..You might want to add an extra fan to your radiator along with an IC fan or even a COndensor fan....A larger radiator with a pusher and puller fan would help dramatically...I'd wait till summer to see just how well these kits perform..My own opinion..Im personally going with a liquid to air setup for reliability. Owning a turbo cars myself and currently building another I know of the pros and cons of a large front mount..But nothing like saying..Yo..Check out my FRONT MOUNT :O)

Back