Your most tragic SC experience...

Re: Your most tragic SC experience...

Talk about perfect timing for this poll. I just found out my SC has a sheared crank bolt plus both the pulley and the crank sensor are @#%$ up. Now my experienced mechanic has to call in some guys from ford to figure out how to fix it. Probably gonna cost me more than Ive made this summer. @#%$!

How bout cranked heads,blown gaskets , droped value(mechanic @#%$ up), master cylinder leaked causing a minor accident (it could of been the craked rotor to.), droped onto the headers burning up the wiring harness. This all happen with in six months of each other. I gues you could say my most tragic experience with the bird was buying her.

Well torn drive-shaft is close enough..blew the extension housing up and cracked the out-put shaft in half and lost to a Golf(well was showing off) all at the same time...beat that..ha. I was laughing when the mall security guards were helping me push the car..and I think they called some plain cloths police officers to check it out because I kept thinking it was soooo funny and then they wanted to shake my hand.:eek:

another...

looking under my rocker and finding a rust hole on my 93 :( luckily its just under one part of the rocker and im gonna patch it or replace the rocker...but ugg i about puked when i saw it.

You should have put in there bad AOD!

Ripped out 3rd gear clutches, cranked crank snout, and blew out motor mounts all in one run.

brakes!!

As this was my first Ford car, and MN12 no less, I had NO clue as to things to look for. So having bought my baby used and sitting on the used car lot for a while I failed to inspect the brakes well and know what "proper" brake feel/actuation is.

Well there I am racing to work :cool: , running late one day and don't you know traffic conditions have me in the third lane at the point of my exit. well getting the power to overcome 3 lanes "safely" proved not to be a problem:D ...however...upon attempting to slow down my ABS and Brake lights lit up :eek: and I did a lock up B-line straight toward the concrete ramp curb...all I could think was..."ok ok...think...either whack it head on and hope you clear the bumper and oil pan or attempt to hang the corner and no doubt smack the front rim and risk popping it clear out the bearing and resting on a wheel..a la 'Bullit'"

well I chose the former...and PLOWEE ....instantly my steering wheel cocked right and the car grinded to a stop...thankfully working for a Ford dealer I was able to get a new control arm/bushing in short order. But I chipped the edge of one my precious 5 spokes! :/ Found out my rear brake cables were frozen, one rear caliper was frozen and ALL my rotors were severely pitted and/or grooved.

but that was just the beginning..."I" attempted a total brake job myself!!! whew...ever try to *$&#@ with those rear calipers and the E-Cable?? anyhow...I botched by having the resident idiot finish up the job and he forgot to put both front caliper retaining bolts in and secure a rear brake line. Upon a good 90-0 mph braking exercise the caliper dislocated and lodged between the wheel and rotor slicing a nice groove inside another wheel. :mad: thankfully I was right around the corner from my brother's job at another dealership so he had it fixed for me.

but it's memories like this that endear a car to you and you find most difficult to let go. :rollin:

Life's expensive lessons...I'm often reminded what my mother always tells me..."God watches babies and fools" :lol:

guess I'm a little of both!

My bad day was

When I blew the head gaskets out at the track and had to find a way to get home to get the trailer 50 miles away

Worst SC Experience

A few years back I had my 94 SC parked out in front of rehab. facility where I work and some little puke in mommies Toyota sped around corner (likely trying to impress his hottie girlfriend) and sideswipped my bumper, rear quarter panel on driver's side and pushed car hard enough into curb that rear rim on passenger side was wrecked. Car had never been in an accident since day I bought it new in 94 and I've always pampered it to the point of absurdity (still do). I felt a combination of shell shock and murderous rage. Fortuneately I didn't do anything stupid and the prick's mother's insurance co. had to shell out around $6,000 to fix my vehicle. Hey kid where ever you are may your weenie shrink & testies shrivel up so bad that your future dates merely point and laugh uproariously till you cry.

Last edited:
....... WOW.

The worst I had was when I was at a stop light and decided to slam it a little hard while the brakes were on, and launched. Snapped both motor mounts, put a couple marks on the oil pan, oil pan gaskets needs replacing, and a new tranny rebuild. 1,214.00 later, I still need to replace the mounts and oil pan & gasket.

That plastic shroud around the balancer decided to go for a walk, broke off the crank sensor, and popped a belt off, the motor just stopped dead while I was on the freeway, and it was raining. While this wasint too expensive, it still sucked.

Tyler
1990 SC

5 week engine rebuild and then the mechanic being the brilliant little SOG's that they are cracked my supercharger by over torquing some bolts but in a gesture of good faith they are buying me a new supercharger so i found them a 95 supercharger to put on my 1990 sc tee hee (bitter sweet i guess but still a bad taste)

balencer decided to crack in the middle the night wile driving home, the pully fell off along with two belts, and then three weeks after i got it fixed it did the same damn thing, thanks to the ediot machanic who thought he new what he was doing. :mad:

By the way, in my opinion this topic sucks, reminds everyboby of the crap that screwd up their vehicals. But like a former that former post it does make you oppriciat your car more then ever after its broke then fixed.

i was parked, idling with my '91 5spd SC many years ago, and forgot the thing was in gear, my foot slipped off the clutch, and POW... the front end popped a wheelie, hit the curb, and cracked the steering rack in half. fluid all over the street, neighbors coming out of their townhouses to see what that hallacious noise was, and total shame and embarassment. :rolleyes:

I was in the parking lot of a bar and was going to impress some friends :cool: (yes, there was alcohol involved):rolleyes:

I hit the gas to break the tires loose and they gripped a little more than I was used to......

Well, the throttle stuck to the floor and the end of the parking lot was coming up pretty quick... :eek:

I had both feet on the brake pedal, but my SC was still accelerating when I saw an empty parking spot next to the bar......

I dove into it perfectly and smacked the drivers front corner into the brick building to get her stopped......

I was able to get the gas pedal unstuck, but not before I filled the parking lot up with tire smoke..... :D

About 20 people came running out of the bar to see what happened and then we went inside and ordered up another round......

my luck?

back in 2001, i bought my first sc,,,man i loved that car,,anyways it was the day after the car was brought home,, i went out for a ride, with my wife and son,, well i noticed a small amount of smoke coming from under the hood of my car,, so i decided to go and pick up my friend and put the car in his garage and find the the problem.. it was nothing major,, kinda like when ya spill a little oil when ya put some in.. well he was at his inlaws, so i went to there house, and went inside.. we sat down and we talked for about 5 mins.. when i notice a bright light shining through there big front window... well i looked outside to see what it was,,, there was my car burning in there driveway and there was nothing i could do about it,, let me tell ya, i cried like a baby that night...35 hrs, and less than 50 miles,, and i watched $4,000 go up in flames...

Spent 12,000 dollars on performance parts and a motor rebuild and cooked a piston in 2500 miles cause I refused to tear out the fuel rail that i believed to be somehow clogged/plugged. Pretty lousy huh?

starting to do the 95 SC interior swap and finding out that the drivers side floorpan was TOTALLY rusted out!

Luckily I had a friend that totalled his 95LX and I took his floorpan out of that and replaced it.......

Now I'm about to send her to the dip tank for the COMPLETE rebuild

Hehe...

... well lets see me + 74 corvette = i win this forum...

Back