Your most tragic SC experience...

The day I was driving my Green 93 around a corner at 60mph and hearing the RH Lower balljoint snap-immediate loss of control-both of car and bladder/bowels-as I realized I was heading for a 5' deep ditch! :eek:

Got onto the binders and got her stopped about a foot from the edge, at the cost of the lower control arm, wheel and various body parts-next step-get a tow truck to winch it up onto a flatbed-more damage to car! :mad:

All this 2 days after I took it to a Ford dealership to have it checked out for a funny noise from the right front of the car! I will never trust the service dept of that particular dealer again :mad: -they do have an awesome parts guy that helps the SCCoIA out quite a bit, though :)

The insurance co forked out $3800 for the repairs-no choice on their part cause the finance company told them either fix it, or pay them off and buy me another Bird-they figured it was cheaper to fix it! :D

No lawsuit-just will never use their service dept again-and will not refer anyone to them for service.

Problem was that I never had a choice in who was to fix the car-the insurance co I had at the time specified a Ford service shop for the repairs.

As soon as the car was repaired that ins co went away-I use MetLife now for all of my insurance-might pay a little more-but when it comes to repairs the adjuster cuts me a check right then and there and I go wherever I want :D

I was coming around a curve that on-ramped to the highway when all the sudden my drivers side ball joint fell out :eek: of my wheel hub crashing down into my rim at 75mph while approaching the onramp almost sending me straight into merging high way traffic! Luckliy I was able to regain control and pull to side. Destroyed my rim, ball joint, and tire. I had to use the $50 that I JUST made 20min earlier from replacing an alt. for a friends brothers car to have it towed home. The rims that were on it were 2 years old so I could not get another one. Ended up having to get all new rims and tires.

Bad Two weeks!!!!!!
Bought an sc....part of the deal was that the dealers mechanic was supose to change both motor mounts...Said it take a day.....5 days later got the car back...boosted like sh**..wouldn't get out of first....died at every stop light....dealer said it was fine....told him to kiss my a@@ and my friend fixed the problem....2 days later...Boom....head gaskest blow.....dealer wanted his guy to fix it....i laughed....gave him a hand sign....towed it to a mechanic....i paid 50% of total cost as per contract....now she runs like a pearl....keep ur fingers crossed!!!!

looked under my car one day, about 6 months after i bought it, and found this

rust.jpg

i later got it fixed and it looked like this, for a while, then the pass side broke up again and looked like the above pic again (this was the drivers side in the pcs btw)

rocker.jpg

I thought my balljoint tragedy was bad bit it is pretty lame to some of these other stories! I turned a corner and heard a loud ku-tunk sound, hopped out and found nothing wrong, went to drive away and my wheel turned sideways and the car rested on it. It ended up putting a bulge in my tire but that was it(besides getting new balljoints). The scariest part was I had just driven 200 miles on the highway the night before, it could have been much worse!

Yea I had just came back from south Fla at Jakes house about 3 & 1/2 hrs at 80 mph on I-75 with a 6 and 8 year old in the car with wifee and me front sounded funny so I took it to Nicks (UNCLENICK) shop the next day...they pulled the left lower ball joint off and it fell apart... :eek:...angels on our shoulders man...

the-big-e said:
I was in the parking lot of a bar and was going to impress some friends :cool: (yes, there was alcohol involved):rolleyes:

I hit the gas to break the tires loose and they gripped a little more than I was used to......

Well, the throttle stuck to the floor and the end of the parking lot was coming up pretty quick... :eek:

I had both feet on the brake pedal, but my SC was still accelerating when I saw an empty parking spot next to the bar......

I dove into it perfectly and smacked the drivers front corner into the brick building to get her stopped......

I was able to get the gas pedal unstuck, but not before I filled the parking lot up with tire smoke..... :D

About 20 people came running out of the bar to see what happened and then we went inside and ordered up another round......

Ed, between your fish stories and your boozing stories your keepin Carla in stitches... :D

My car went in the shop in May of 2003 - it's now June of 2005 and I'm still waiting to get her back! Meanwhile, the shop has $4600 of my cash, my car, and around $3000 in parts that I provided - and I've got another $2000 laid out with someone else for some upgrades that can't be installed until I get the car back!

Sweet90SC said:
Yea I had just came back from south Fla at Jakes house about 3 & 1/2 hrs at 80 mph on I-75 with a 6 and 8 year old in the car with wifee and me front sounded funny so I took it to Nicks (UNCLENICK) shop the next day...they pulled the left lower ball joint off and it fell apart... :eek:...angels on our shoulders man...
So....Now you are going to have to train those ball joints in your trunk to jump on your car......With a little help from Uncle Nick..... :D

Back