Thread: 89 SC blower on a 95 SHO!!!

89 SC blower on a 95 SHO!!!

Hey all,

I asked a ford tech buddy of mine about this and he told me that someone had already done this with a saleen mustang. So I figure what the hell I can do it to my sho. Does anyone know of a company that will custom build a lower intake for this application? I think Wilson makes them but they are more strip only (I think). Also does anyone know of someone that has done this (or something similar) or maybe a tech article? If I remember correctly, I think a sho has a compression ratio of 9.5:1 on a 95. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not worried about compression being too high because I have the complete intercooler as well. I also have a set of #30's off the SC but I don't think they'll be big enough for my application. I know I'll have to relocate all pullies to drive the blower. This I think I can talk to March about. Any and all constructive comments are welcome.

Thanks

Mike

first

where do you plan on puttyng it. Next the pluming would be too much money, and third you have a high compression engine.
    to benefit you need to lower the compression.

I am not sure if they have other bolt on S/C systems, but try SHO times to see.

I thinkt it would be very benifical to do it. They have super chargers, turbos, and nitrous kits for the sho but I think it would be ten times as cool to have a roots style M90 blower on it! Their is a guy on shofourms.com that has already done this. I'll have to get ahold of him. I know that this kind of mod will be very tough but I want to do it sooooo bad.

Mike

I'd put a turbo on it. Would make much more power at the same boost levels.

Hey, how's it going. Good to see another guy from Nebraska. Where are you located.

If you just slap a M90 on your SHO, you'll blow the bottom end out very quickly!

Thomas

I thinkn Vortech has a kit for them, Check out www.spmotorsports.com they also have SC stuff, including nitrous

Originally posted by Thomas A
    Hey, how's it going. Good to see another guy from Nebraska. Where are you located.

I'm from Clarkson (near Norfolk). Did you go to the last meet in Nov. or when ever it was? I was planning on going but never made it. Hopefully I'll make the next one.

Originally posted by black99lightnin
    I'd put a turbo on it. Would make much more power at the same boost levels.
    They don't make turbos for sho's (as I just found out). You can do a custom job but it'd cost as much to put on a M90.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I saw an article of a guy that has done this same mod. He dumped some major $$$ in it though. I'm gonna purge this idea and just go n20 powered!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADSC View Post
    I thinkn Vortech has a kit for them, Check out www.spmotorsports.com they also have SC stuff, including nitrous
    SP Motorsports has lots of Lotus race cars for rent. I didn't come across any SC stuff or any other aftermarket parts for other stuff either.

Quote Originally Posted by Air2Mud View Post
    I didn't come across any SC stuff or any other aftermarket parts for other stuff either.
    The SC was a bit more popular 16 yrs. ago Guessing they've altered their business model a bit.