Finally got my order from Super Coupe Performance!

SeanMatteson

Well, I finally received my latest order from Bill E. I picked up two pairs of clear corner lamp housings, plus a Robert Shaw 180 deg T-stat, a Robert Shaw pressure release rad cap, and a supercharger collar nut wrench.

I'm a little disappointed that the collar nut wrench is not coated in rubber like Greg Coleman's. I thought this was what I was getting. Oh well. I just checked Bill's site, and there's no mention of a rubber coating anywhere there, so I guess I'll have to chalk this one up to experience, and make sure I ask the right questions in the future. Does anyone know where I can get a rubber coating applied to the right areas of this wrench?

I'll have a pair of the clear corners with me tonight at the meet, as I plan to hand them off to their owner - Ryan Harris.

Best regards,

Sean

Sean,

Excellent! Why not bring all your new goodies to the meet tonight? I'd be interested to see the RS rad cap, especially after all the trouble I've had with that one from CTC.

See you tonight!

Sean, there is a product you can buy. Comes in a paint tin, It's a rubberized liquid that you just dip stuff in & let dry.
Turns out just like the coating on pliers.
Can't remember the name, something like "plasticote" maybe? I'm sure someone younger will be able to remember!!!

I remember that stuff too. Used to sell it at CTC but haven't seen it in a while. I have a few pliers that I need new grips for.

I thought I'd seen a few guys on the U.S. forums mention having trouble with those pressure-realease style rad caps too, but I'm not sure if they were the Robert Shaw caps or not.

cheers
Ed N.

Ed,

...It doesn't matter. I thought I had bought a Robert Shaw pressure relief rad cap, but I can't see "Robert Shaw" anywhere on the rad cap, or the cut up packaging. It looks identical to the one I bought from CTC which resides in my toolbox, since it leaked right from the first day I tried it on my car!

...Can you tell I'm not impressed!!!

Regards,

Sean

go to a prats store and look for liquid electrical tape. comes in a small tin witha brush in the lid. dip your stuff in it and let dry. works awesome for coating stuff, and its fairly durable

Back