Need to know how to post pics....

Deep6

Hey all,

Really quick, where can I have my pics hosted and how can I post them here?

I've got a little write up with about 4-5 pics I'd like to post in a general message on the Tech Forum. Can someone give me some pointers, I'd like to crank it out in the next hour or so..

When you post, at the bottom is a place to attach a file. Click the button to browse to the file. If you attach a picture it will automatically be displayed.

Image size is limited though. Take your 5 pictures, put them all into one big picture using your imaging tool of choice. Then save as .jpg and bump the compression a bit to keep it small. Maybe even scale it.

If you attach a picture it will automatically be displayed.

Really ? I thought they had to be hosted on another site.

Deep6 if you need a place to host the pictures get a free webpage from TCCoA, that's where I store my images to be posted. Here is a link to the site.

http://www.tccoa.com/

For some reason you may need to re-save your images to jpeg before they will upload, even if they are already jpeg.

David

Thanks guys

I managed to figure out another way. I uploaded my pics to www.phototrail.com and then right clicked on the pic's "properties". Then when I posted a message, I clicked on the "IMG" icon and pasted it's file name there and it worked!

I will however remember to get an account with TCCOA as I think the web hosting will be quicker and reliable. I'm gonna post something now, check it out on another non-technical post tonight and then I'm gonna do a little write up in the tech section.

Pic quality is poor though, no digital cam.... :(

Yep, SCCOA will host your pics, but size is restricted and they are not placed somewhere easy to re-reference at a later date.

Back