Exhaust Sound Files

1BADSC

Could we please get some people to submit there different exhaust sound files. Such as the SCP exhaust, Borla, Flowmaster, SCP with no Mufflers, headers and so on. I feel this is important because getting a good sound out of teh V-6 can be difficult. So whoever has a sound file of there car reving or taking off. Post away

exhaust note

I was just at the hands on museum in Toledo with my kids and there is a display there that has a bunch of different shaped tubes. There's a flexible hose that emits a sound, like a purrrrr.
When you put the purring tube up to the different shaped tubes they make different sounds. There was one that makes a real low growl out of the purring noise and others make farty noises.
I was thinking that with the right shaped muffler, you could make a V6 sound like a V8.

V6-V8

i might have to look into an exhaust system this summer....does anybody know how to make a V6 sound like a V8...whats the right congfiguration etc....?

the scp high flow down tubes, 2 high flow cats from summit racing, one 2 1/2 X 3 Magnoflow resonator, and then the pipe y's back to two 2 1/2" pipes with no mufflers. The car sounds amazing, i have got nothing but compliments on it.

exchaust

does it have a nice rumble.....i want something more like a stanger....i like the y pipe idea....i know that makes it sound badass. thanks

I should have a sound byte in the coming month or so...maybe even next week. I'll make sure I post up.

I've got dowtubes, high flow cats back to a Magnaflow resonator and no mufflers.

Like i said if you do what I listed you will get a great rumble with absolute silent running on the interstate depending what RPM you are at. And it will really scream when you get into it. It will not sound like a 6 any longer.

yeah

well, i can donate the Shi**y sound file for a 93 sc, with stock exhaust, minus cats.
hehehe
anyway, i like this idea. if i had heard what it would sound like W/O my cats, screw the throttle response increase, i would have never done it (i would say it is more Integra-ish than anything else)

oh yeah I forgot to mention that anyone who includes a sound clip needs to also include exactly what was done to the exhaust. Pipe size etc. And also any engine mods that might have made a difference.

1BadSC

I was undecided in my exhaust until I heard what you said about yours. Do the cats have to be from Summit or can they be magnaflow or some other brand? Can the pipes be 3" or the size you specified? Sorry for all the questions. Also do you have a part number on the resonator? Thanks.

I am sure that Bill at Supercoupe performance can give you the part number, or check the part number listing on this forum. As Far as the cats and the size of the pipe, i cannot promise that it will sound the same. My new 95 sc has no mufflers and what i think are Borla tips (but I am not sure), and it sounds pretty damn good, really nice low rumble, quiet at speed, and mean and deep when stepped on. I got the cats from summit because they were cheaper there.

sound file

i think i have a sound file of my LX V6(its stock tho). we can always start with that.....just a suggestion....now i just have to find it on my PC.

I always took it to mean "To The Top" as in to the top of the post. Could mean something different. But that is what I thought.

Back