underdrive pulley set

ENCDEI97

Hello all
I am in the planning stages( waiting for weather to get warm) of putting on the 300hp package I got from SCP and am looking for any input concerning the under drive pulley set for the water pump and alt. I have read in a magazine that these can cause loos of charging to the battery and higher engine temps due to less water flow. I do not think this will be a problem seeing as how the set retains the stock belts but would like any feedback i can get.thanks
ENCDEDI97

No cooling or charging problems after installing the ASP underdrives. I've had them for nearly two years and think they are a good mod.

David

thanks for the info, am looking forward to putting alot of stuff on as soon as the weather gets good.
ENCDEDI97

I have the March set.

The alternator runs a little slow but no trouble unless you like to idle for a long time. I never get a battery light but I don't think I am getting a good charge at idle with the lights on. My headlights dim slightly at idle, but thats the extent of the issue with a stock radio.

The water pump runs fine - I have no trouble at all with mine, but I have a 3-row radiator and a 180deg thermostat.

The water pump cavitates at high RPM with the stock pulley set anyway. You will get longer life out of the pump by turning it a little slower. The power steering pump also likes to turn slower.

The underdrive pulleys run quiet and are a good buy. If you run a big system then look for one with the lowest underdrive on the alternator.

Aaron

the set of underdrive pulleys I have came from SCP and was part of there 300hp package and I believe the manufacter was auto specialties. Thanks for all the great inputs.
Encdedi97

Back