Anyone intereseted in a Front mount IC kit?

S

smokin 35th

Anyone intereseted in a Front mount IC kit?

I am in the process of installing a Front mount in my car and i see the possibility of reproducing the kit. it will consist of a new SC top, tubing, silicone hoses, new ac condenser, new ac lines, and a Volvo 740 IC. the only used part will be the IC to cut costs down. but it will be tested and reconditioned. I am planning on providing it to you guys around $1000. I will only sell it if my car goes as planned and there is a market for it in the spring. I am hoping for a 40hp gain but that is just projected!!

Chuck....

I think that I'd certainly be interested! What are the dimensions of the Volvo IC? Will the top still be raised as compared to stock? What size IC tubing would be used and would it be mandrel bent? Please let me know because this sounds like an interesting developement!

Re: Chuck....

The plumbing will be 2.5in mandrel bent tubing. the dimensions of the IC will be 26"wide and 16"tall ( the biggest you can fit) 2.5 in wide. I am looking to shear volume to cool the air. It Has been proven at Coy's shop what a IC of this size does ( upwards of 50-60Hp over stock). I am making the top so that it will have a 2.5 in opening, thus much bigger that the 3/4 raised top. I will require a upgraded a/c system or a/c delete. i will be putting on a 3000CFM fan so compensate for the extra core the air has to get through to the Rad. this unit is $400 which is much better than a custom radiatior of $600 ( i want to see how the cooling will be affected).
teh price of $1000 is pertty much my cost and will be given to those who are first to get it. the price is not yet set but i am looking at $1000.

chuck

Now get Embree to make a lowerintake and a lower IC plentum and we are in some HP numbers!!!!

Re: Chuck....

Count me in, but what do you mean by "upgrading the AC" is this possible. Thanks Kelly

My '95 needs lots of parts! (cheap?)

Let me know how your plan goes, with the volvo intercooler. Donnie189@yahoo.com

smokin 35th said:
I am in the process of installing a Front mount in my car and i see the possibility of reproducing the kit. it will consist of a new SC top, tubing, silicone hoses, new ac condenser, new ac lines, and a Volvo 740 IC. the only used part will be the IC to cut costs down. but it will be tested and reconditioned. I am planning on providing it to you guys around $1000. I will only sell it if my car goes as planned and there is a market for it in the spring. I am hoping for a 40hp gain but that is just projected!!

Kurt K said:
This has got to be a record for a thread revival....4+ years. A couple of those guys rarely even lurk here.

Yeah, what's the deal with people resurrecting these ancient threads? Alot has changed in 4 years.

Back