Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so what do we need?

so what do we need?

We know the harmonic balancer is weak....now we are talking rods and pistons....and intercoolers....how about late style blowers ?

How much do you think it would cost a do-it-yourselfer to rig this ????

I would not have any clue whatsoever as far as prices or where to go for performance parts for our cars..... but i was thinking if anybody has any information and would like to share it, it could possibly be make a sticky so that everyone can take advantage.... just my 2 cents.

About $5000 to $10000 if not more! I have most of the latest prices btu it will take me a while to get them together!

Mike
    Last edited by 35th SC; 02-20-2003 at 10:38 PM.

Thats it Mike, $ 10 K ?? in that case give me 3 to go !!!

I have the FMIC's if that will help.

Is that you Kelly? I'm guessing LVSC means Las Vegas SC (I'm a genius!)

Al

Hey LVSC can you share some info on those FMIC.. I'd just like to explore my options.... thanks..

Yes it is Al. Sorry to hear about your SC. I'm sure you'll be ready for the Cali meet, RIGHT !! Last time I was there, I brought the better halfs XR7. This time I will be bring the SC and we will run it.

007, I'll tell you everything about it; all tubing is 2.5 and cerma chromed, rad is a 5.0 alu Griffin, cooler is 11.5x22x2.75 and is also a Griffin, the CAI is 3.5 all the way with a S&B filter. Anything else? If so, just post them here. Oh and Al posted the pics here, I'l bring them back up to the top. Thanks.

Thanks LVSC.. yeah some pics would be nice... This isn't the MP FMIC, or is it ??? so its 11.5 H (x) 22" W (x) 2.75" D How much boost back pressure is lost in this type of set up, and around how much is it ??.. Is it difficult to install ?? thanks.

No, its not a MP unit. This is my kit 'FSR Motorsports'. People have asked for a FMIC for as long as I have been around the sccoa, 5+ years. Well, here it is. We are running a ESM jack shaft kit, which spins the blower quicker, thus giving more boost quicker. We still PEG the boost gauge by 4k but it dosen't build boost till 3k. Sounds weird but it revs REAL QUICK, runs cool and will blow the 275's off in any of the first 3 gears. As far a $$$ goes we are still working on that. Anyone can install it in a short weekend. Thanks

sounds like one hell of a performer.. the engine that you installed this kit on, what kinda mods does it have ??? whats the power increase.. lets say from a stock setup..

I have every BOLT on mod there but not the MP blower. The engine is bone stock inside. I need to get 500 miles on the new clutch before I realy get on it. Then its off to the dyno, then Bakersfield.

COOOOL .. Then i should see you at bakersfield.. I'll be there... looking forward to it..

You can't miss the SC, it has NV plates on it. Check out the pics below this post. Reads; You Guys Gotta See This. Thanks

GEEEZZ !!!!!! that I/C setup is huge !!!! it looks very efficient.. can't wait to see it inperson..