Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idle Woes...AGAIN!

Thumbs up 007 supercoupe I've got it! I hope

I HAD the EXACT same problems as you do. I found out today what was causing this problem. No matter how tight you thought your Intercooler tubes are, re-check them. The top tube was loose, as soon as I touched it the car almost dies. So I tightened it up and now it runs perfectly. I must have replaced the entire engine and it was this one simple thing.

IM me at Consciouseye and let me know what you found!

Best of luck

MIKE

My car is fixed!!

I have to eat my words though! It seems mikec had it right all along. You all didn't see the email I sent him last night. I assured him that I had checked the IC tubes for a leak, but found none. Has anyone ever stuck their foot so far in their mouth that they were chewing on kneecap? Well, it seems that I have! Thanks mikec, that WAS the problem. The lower IC tube was not totally sealed. And as if on cue, this morning when I fired her up, what did I hear, but that tell tale whistle of a vacuum leak. She's running like a champ now. Thanks again every one, but especially mikec! (have I kissed you @$$ enough yet? )

How did you discover the leak?

I might have to re-seal my tubes this summer.

have you tryed replacing the tpi throtel possion sencer
    i had to replace mine 3-4 times a year they have a hole in the top sowhen i washed the moter it would get wet and after a few days the same problem you have I stoped buying them from ford at $45 a pop and went to schucks $2295 opened the box and it said ford on it !!
    I put a spot of tape over the hole and that was 3 years ago
    no problem sence
    good luck
    Joel the red russeller