what's wrong with this pic - need my butt kicked!

tbird88

Had to change the starter on Elvira at the last minute this evening, thank goodness the weather was dry and the temp in the high 60s, took about 1/2 hour or so. Layin' on my back under the car, just finished puttin' on the replacement starter, Tejano on the jukebox, aroma in the air of the TexMex that my girlfriend is cookin', I look up and what do I see...

'bird

89susp3656.jpg

Wynn did you forget some bolts on there it looks like the subframe is hanging low. O.K I give what is it? Nick

Dang it, I gotta make these harder

Yep, almost freaked my drawers. Started lookin' at every bolt in sight and then some. Guess they just fell out or the previous owner never put 'em back in or...

'bird

89susp3646.jpg

JEEZ, 'bird. I'm sure glad you found that when you did. You wouldn't like flipping in a car, Trust me. LOL.

BTW, I miss true Tex mex. Loved it when I worked for the government in Hurst. Gotta visit sometime if you'll have me.

Take care.

WOW !!! wasn't the car make any funny sounds ??? (like metal on metal) its a good thing you didn't find out the hard way....

New Mod?

I think your trying to get that raised top to fit under the hood the hard way LOL.
Next thing Wynn will be selling a powder coated "full floating subframe" as the latest mod for the SC.
:D
David

P.S.

Also If you make it to Carlisle this year or any year for that matter I'll be happy to kick your butt for ya.:cool:
LOL

Back