Hot Rod Power Tour

K

Kurt K

Hot Rod Power Tour

Ok guys, I know it's a little early, but who is planning on going on part/all of the Hot Rod Power Tour. I have not done this before, but from what I have heard from others is that there is a big savings for pre-registering. Also, there are group discounts (which is why I am here). I think we need 4 people that know they want to attend to pre-register under a club name (i.e. SCCoA) and then anybody else that enters under SCCoA will receive the discount.

The Tour is from 5/24 thru 6/2, starting in Lincoln, NE and ending in Youngstown, OH. I plan on starting in Lincoln breaking free just short of the end and heading straight to Carlisle.

So who wants/plans to go?

Re: Hot Rod Power Tour

I finally called the event promoter and got some additional information. This link is a little easier to navigate than the Hot Rod site: Power Tour

Basically, it is $50 to pre-register, $60 on site (beginning day) registration. That is for all events, about 8, or you can pay $20 for one or more events, whatever you can attend. The last weekend coincides with Carlisle and ends up in Youngstown, so you could skip that and attend Carlisle, if you wish. (Full schedule is on the link.) I do not know about hotels and stuff, but have requested more info to be mailed to me.

Like Kurt posted, if four or more drivers register at once, there is a $5 discount for those people and subsequent registrants who register under the same club or affiliation. The discount only applies to peope who pre-register.

I'm in, seems that to get the discount started, one person would need to register 4 people, so we would need to send one person the $$, right? (just for the 4 people).

What about if I just wanted to stop by one night. I'll be there when you guys come to Lincoln. Heck, I can show you around. It be great to hang out with you guys in my own backyard. Can I just stop by or is it through invitation only? Thanks.

Thomas

Thomas: As long as we can eat at Lazzlo's :) Really, that would be cool if you could show us around, although it'd only take about 30 minutes to see everything, j/k. I've got a college roommate the lives in Lincoln and I haven't been up to visit in about 2 years...it's nice to have a place to crash.

Dave: Looks like I'll be doin' the whole tour and George has almost convinced himself, so you need to. Besides, we need somebody to show use the ropes and tell us who to bribe so we can get in Hot Rod like you did last year.

Hey, Lincoln isn't that small :) Yeah, that'd be cool if we could all get together and hang out. I've already talked with a couple of T-Bird guys from Omaha, and they said they were going to come day, and there are about 5 of us from Lincoln that hopefully will show up as well. Should be a good time anyway.

Thomas

Man am I exciting for the tour to come to Lincoln. I know it's still three months away, but I just can't wait! Later.

Thomas

Show is open for all, just pay your cash if you want to park in the show. It's usually not too hard to park all next to each other. There is no reserved parking. The main part of the show usually goes from noonish to 6pm. Area will generally close down at 8pm.

Still don't know if we're gonna make the whole thing or not....

i might be able to make the pontiac mi day, but thats about it.

Any idea

Any idea of when you all would be getting in to Youngstown, and then departing for Carlisle? A group of us have been meeting for a few years north of Pitts. on the turnpike at noonish on Fri., and would love to meet up with anyone coming off of the tour, then caravan up to Carlisle all together. It would be nice to get a ton of cars together to go! jdhughes9@peoplepc.com

Re: power tour stop

hi ! this is auto doug owner of Auto Kraft in Lincoln, Ne. we are the shop that custom builds swb t-birds & mark viii s , such as George Davenports #005 www.thundercoupe.com or www.autokraftnebraska.com .I would be willing to give a quick veiw tour of my shop and how I shorten these cars , since my shop is just down the street from speedway motors where the power tour will start . George if you are comming to lincoln let me know and well set up some time to do this ! ------thanks ------auto doug

Merc

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that Mercury will be using the Hot Rod Power Tour as the platform to unvail the all new 2003 Mercury Maurader, including the convertable concept. Hopefully they will have a ride and drive at the dealership, and you guys can stop by and well go for a quick spin :)

Thomas

Back