pic of block drain plug location...

J

jpaitala

Does anyone have pic of block drain plug location...

Thanks.

I remember that someone mentioned block drain plug as a one way to get all the engine coolant out... Did I remember wrong or is there a drain plug??

Thanks.

hmm...

Actually their are drain plugs I do beleive. There on the sides of the block all the way to the front or all the way to the back (I can't remember. I remember opening one when I had the engine out of my car to drain all of the fluid out. The plugs that are in their have Square heads to them. I don't have a very good memory but I think this is right if it helps at all.

I just looked at a spare engine block I have out in the garage. I believe if you take the knock sensor and adapter (by the passenger side motor mount on the bottom) completely out of the block that it taps into a water jacket. There is also a corresponding square plug on the driver's side that looks like it taps into the water jacket as well. Sorry no pics I don't have a digital camera.

Did this help any? Let me know and I can try to scam the digi camera from work and I'll take a couple of pictures, but if you crawl around underneath your car and check out the block you should be able to find them.

This helps a bit... but as our engine compartments are so full of everything that it's difficult to see anything that you dont really know where it exactly is. Especially when I have no car hoist to get my car up so I could look properly. Now I'll have to use a floor jack to get the car up a little and then I don't fit under the car very well, so it's difficult to see anything "new" then....

Back