Just purchased 85mm TB and...

sctbird91

I just purchased magnum powers 85mm Throttle Body and a 3.5 Inlet tube.

On the magnum powers site it says the TB will bolt up to the stock Inlet Plenum. Is this true?

In a few months I will buy the Magnum powers Plenum, but for now, will I be able to bolt the 85mm TB to the stock one?

I also just put on a 76mm MAFS and new high flow exhaust. From all of the abvoed mentioned, how much power increase will I feel from my 91 5speed? Thanks for the help. I've been asking a lot of questions lately, and everyone helps a lot!

It will bolt up, but the throttle may not open. You will have to port enough clearance for the butterfly to open, but I don't think there is enough material.

Here is a picture of what the opening need to be ported to:

i-1.JPG

Last edited:
Spacer???

Wonder if a spacer could be fitted between to give the throttle plate room to fully sweep...???

It is well known "I thought" that you need a MP plenum to use the 85MM TB from MP. You also need the late model blower to properly fit the plenum...Buy Buy buy...

Brad

cougarsc

Looks like an Aggie got kinda desparate to run a big TB...and good googly moogly, what in the world is jammed inside that plenum?

'bird

adaptor

I made an adaptor for mine. It was kind of a pain and I had to switch some stuff around.

smallTB1.jpg

Let me know how it goes b/c im thinking about doint the same with my car and i dont have a hole lot of money to spend on upgrading supercharders and plenlums. Spelling may be wrong sorry!

Back