whats does a stock auto sc run in the quarter?

i don't know about 1/4 mile, but my 93 auto ran a 9 something(see below) with a K&N drop in replacement.

hmm..

My friend ran his stock 91 SC Auto at the track. The car had 80,000 miles on orgininal plugs and wires. Ran a 15.3 at I think 89 mph. From what I have read though, more seem to be in the mid 15's. So I would consider his a little abnormal. I didn't run mine stock so I am unsure. The newer ones are also a wee bit faster.

Mid to low 15s @ 85-89 mph.

After installing 3.73 gears, headers with full SCP exhaust, raised top and a 5% pulley. The best I could manage was a 15.0 @ 88.

David

According to the Car Rags...

and most experience I've read, the early SC AOD's ran high 15's and late ran mid 15's.
There are some "freaks" like my friend who has a 90 with only the air silencer removed and ran 15.1 a few weeks ago. :eek:

My 90 AOD went 15.3@90mph. This was on Firehawk SZ50 tires that were lowered down to 23 psi, air silencer out, empty trunk, 1/4 tank of fuel, front shocks in firm, rears unplugged, and a nice smokey burnout to heat up the tires.

With a 70mm MAF, SCP intake, 9" K&N, 190 lph fuel pump, and a transgo shift kit, it went 15.6@91mph but I spun so bad off the line and had a really terrible 60ft. But I picked up 1mph so it technically was making more power. That same setup I GTeched at 14.86@95mph

Dave, your car didn't like you for some reason. Peters I ran a 14.62 in w/ exhaust, 5% and a cone filter. Give him some gears, headers, a lentech valve body, and a better intake and top, and I can probably pull low 14's out of it.

My 15.4 @89mph was done on a consistant basis bone stock..I even treid removing the air cleaner and it did.....15.4 @ 89mph...I took out spare and jack.......15.4@89mph...No spinning whatsoever..Cant recall shorttime..But I believ ethat is about the normal1/4 time for these autos

Your 89 ran the 15.4@89 with a trunk full of junk.. But it cooled down for 2 hours waiting for the cleanup crew to wipe the track down after some idiot hosed it with antifreeze.. I even have that pass on video.. LoL

My 94 automatic ran a best of 15.050 with the only modification being a removed intake resonator/silencer on the stock Goodyear 225-60-16's.

Back