JBL Stereo - Radio/Tape/Cd player RELIABILITY

sail7seas

I have had my JBL Radio professionaly repaired 4 times, and CD player 3 times inorder to keep it original for 1990SC.

What is your track record?

sc.radio&cd junk

Joel aka russeller
sc cd player in my sc. ( 1990 ) died last manth after much research I found that the barr code on my J B L system coaded out as a sony!
the power suply is in the cd box and they cannot be repared or replaced .
after more resraech I found that soney warned ford about this
furure problem as there were just vending out to sony what J B L
wanted.
I see radios for sale all the tome BUT not thecd recever that has a key componet ( power suply that is not available .
I was had car toys install a deck C D radio about $175
that works with stock boosters ans speakers sounds bettewr than the old one
KEEP your old stuff ( I let my CD box get awayam working on tracing it down ) if I cant find my old one I will will try to get an other one working or not .
some one will come up with a fix and I can put stock parts back in ( the one I have now looks like a turd in a punch bole

good luck

Hey there,
If you are looking for a factory cd player I have one. I also have the stock stereo cassette player. Both are from my 92 SC and worked just fine when I took them out less than 2 weeks ago to install an aftermarket cd player in one hole and a dvd player in the other. Id take about $50 for both or $25 each. Let me know if you are interesed.
Nick

Stock SC Tape/CD

Will they fit a 1990 SC console? I still have my CD player in place, but the head unit was on the fritz and would play out of whatever channel it wanted. I'd like to go back to stock because I miss my tape deck. I put in a Rockford Fosgate CD player because I had it and didn't want to spend a small fortune for a special head unit that could control a separate CD player. How much would it be for the shipping?

Stereo

Hey,
As far as I know it will fit your 90 SC. If you are interested Ill take $50 including shipping for both. Im not onlne very much anymore due to a very hectic work schedule. If you are interested please give me a call at (919) 965-9721 on weekdays after 6pm eastern time. Thanks, Corey

JBL JUNK cd player/sail7seas/Joel

my 1990 sc factery radio/cd/tape player worked fine untell about 3month ago .
then pop gone I took It to a repair shop in tacoma wash.
they said no problem we fix these all the time (on the phone )
when I took it in I ask to talk to the tech.
the tech. said he would try but not much hope it went from there to seattle no good no parts power suply dead .
olso the cd was not a JBL it scaned( bar code) as a SONY
still no parts I still have it and am waiting for a cure !
I was told buy a ford tech that sony told ford in 1990 that they
would have a short life and the dealer's were told but as an elct. part not much of a warenty( time was limited)
ford dident care! they get there $20390.00 then it's f/u
thats what we paid for it new it still look& drives new but it has no resale value in washington state mine is red with black leather
a white one just sold for $3500.00 sad .
I scaned the parts with my scanner and got a sony also .
its the only thing that given me any problem's sence 1990
exsept the boat anchor hunk of s#$%t aod auto trany on #2
only 90.000 miles ( thats an other story) looking for a parts car so I can change it to a 5 speed what was the ????oh ya cd good luck I had none thank's ( keep on boosting those 5.0 cars)
Joel the russeller PS I replaced it with a after market pce.
hey you steal one cow when you are 12 years old!!!

1BADBYRD said:
Hey there,
If you are looking for a factory cd player I have one. I also have the stock stereo cassette player. Both are from my 92 SC and worked just fine when I took them out less than 2 weeks ago to install an aftermarket cd player in one hole and a dvd player in the other. Id take about $50 for both or $25 each. Let me know if you are interesed.
Nick

Hi
I will take you up on your offer if the radio & cd if you still have them ( $50.00+ shipping OK.
call me collect or let me know on line .
ph# 253 884 3261 email tbcjoelnicky@aol.com
sure could us them Iwill pay shipping
thanks Joel

Unreliable CD Players

Hey everyone,

I too have been bitten several times by the dreaded sub-standard Sony CD Players made for Ford so I took matters into my own hands and started repairing them myself. (Including those bloody power supplies!) Now I'm repairing a lot of units for others who want to keep their cars stock. I was an electronics GEEK in a past life so it's not too big of a deal. Burns me up that no one else will even look at these things anymore!

TwoTimeSC

Back