blkthndr

former sccoa webmaster
Sports Car Service Center
1245 E Curry Rd.
Tempe, AZ 85281
(480) 966-6061

Owner/Father: Tony Ritz
Service Manager: Joe Ritz
My SC Mechanic: Pat Ritz (the other mechanics are very good as well)

This shop is a family affair that has been in existence since the late 60's. It is well known by car enthusiasts so they are usually quite busy. From my experience there is no other shop I would trust more or that would be able to do a better job in the Phoenix area. They work on cars of all makes/models and eras not just "Sports Car's." However as the name of the shop implies, they specialize in sports cars and are able to handle complex exotics that mechanics at other shops would have no idea how to handle. The shop labor rate is $60.

Submitted by: Mark Hasenyager mark@inttechcorp.com

Bromley Performance
Owner: Doug Bromley

1 man shop. He will do whatever you want, but since he deals primarily with 'vettes and camaros, I'd be inclined to keep it simple ... exhaust and intake stuff and things that need to be welded.

FYI: I decided not to go with Doug for my rebuild. He did a pretty job on my exhaust, but we had some issues regarding another vehicle... (not necessarily his fault) ... anyway, good relatively inexpensive mandrel bent work... but I probably wouldn't go to him for other stuff.

Paul

Last edited:
I just stopped by there ant talked to Tony Ritz. He was very friendly, and took time out of his schedule to talk to me.

They will deffinitely get my work, and I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.

Well You Know Auto Air and More would do the work as well there realy good. Got my super charger and my tranny resealed by them and it didnt cost much also they rewired some stuff as well. so the addy of the car place is 6033 w bell road its on the same side as jiffy lube but just east of it in the little mechanic mall with everything you would want rebuilt

Back