Rhode Island

blkthndr

former sccoa webmaster
JACOB'S SERVICE CENTER
1047 EDDIE DOWLING HIGHWAY
NORTH SMITHFIELD, RI 02896

401-762-9895
401-765-1956

I highly recommend this mechanic for any SC owner in the R.I. area. He is specifically knowledgeable about SC's. He fixed my car on 3 occasions. The first time had to do with my idle control. He diagnosed, obtained the part, and installed it on a Saturday in 2 hours for @ $150. The second time I called him on my cell phone about a tie rod. It was nice to arrive and see cars lined up next to the building and the middle bay open waiting for my ailing beast. The part was sitting on the shelf when I pulled my car onto the lift. It was installed in ten minutes for a total of $75 and fifteen minutes. The third encounter was the best. The dealer had my car for a month trying to diagnose my brake problem (you may have seen my question in the forums). After the dealer billed me $125 to tell me the part cost $2100 plus 6 hours labor at $75/hr, I decided to visit my new friend. A couple days later he called to tell me mine was as good as new at a price of $244! He diagnosed the accumulator problem and sent his mechanic to locate and remove the part then installed it in my car at 10 times less (at least) than the dealer wanted.

Submitted by: Paul Santoro npsantoro@email.msn.com

FYI

The mechanic who is knowledgable about Super Coupes is Alberto. I'm not sure if the owner, Jacob, is also knowledgable about SC's, but Alberto definitely is. I talked to him today when I had my trans fluid and filter changed.

Also, the garage is part of a Sunoco station. I was looking for a big Jacob's Service Center sign and drove past it a couple times, because I couldn't see the sign (white letters on glass). Good service and got me right in even though I was a bit later than I had said.

Chris

I got the same thing awhile back. They actually tol me the gy who ised to work on them had left. Either that or they just don't want to bother with them anymore. I am trying to get a buddy of mine to get to work on these things....BUT he is waaaay reluctant. LOL!
I wonder why?

Skip

Back